Asked on July 25, 2019 in QuickBooks Desktop.
Hi, thank you for reaching out to us regarding this issue. QuickBooks experiences this kind of problems when the system crashes. QuickBooks error 6147 affects your system when the .QBW file is corrupted. This is another error from the series of error -6000. Now, before we go through the steps of resolution, we must first understand what causes this error to occur and what are its symptoms.
Mentioned below are some reasons which contribute to the occurrence of QuickBooks error 6147:
- You restored the backup company file from a network location or external drive.
- Your “. ND or. TLG” files are damaged or not compatible with the software.
- QuickBooks data file “. QBW” might be corrupted.
- You might not have been granted permission to gain access to the folder where your QuickBooks data files have been placed.
- Your Map drive which might not be opening or it does not sync with the mother drive.
- QuickBooks software that you’re operating in is not updated to the latest release.
The following are the symptoms of QuickBooks Error 6147:
- You will be unable to open your company file when your system gets affected by QuickBooks error 6147.
- You will unable to restore your back up file because of this error.
Now, to know the steps of resolving this error, you will need to read the following article ad follow the procedure accordingly: How to resolve QuickBooks Error 6147?
The steps provided in the article will help you get rid of QuickBooks error 6147. In case the issue is still bothering you then please contact the QuickBooks support 1-877-263-2742
- 251 views
- 1 answers
- 0 votes
Asked on February 5, 2019 in QuickBooks Desktop.
Understand that bartering is the exchange of goods or services between you and your customer or vendor. It benefits the businesses that see a mutual gain in exchanging of goods or services instead of Cash.
It is important to keep a track of such transactions that take place in order to maintain clarity while doing business.
Below are the steps that will help you Record Barter Transactions in QuickBooks:
Step 1: Setting up a “Barter” Bank Account
- Navigate to Chart of Accounts
- Create a New Account with “Cash on Hand” category
- Name the Account however you wish to identify it
Step 2: Creating Invoice and Entering Payment
Before you start recording barter transactions you must ensure that the Name of the Partner, you’re bartering with exists in both Customer & Vendor list.
- From the QuickBooks Home Screen, navigate to Customers
- Select Create Invoice and enter all the required information
- Now go to Receive Payments option under Customers
- Choose the Barter Customer name
- Enter the Method through which the funds are received
- Deposit the payment to the Barter Bank Account which you created in Step 1
You can also know about Using Intuit Merchant Services to receive payments online because it makes it easier to receive money online rather than via checks which might be a long process.
If you are facing any difficulties while following the above steps, you can always consult a QuickBooks Desktop help Specialist by calling 1-877-263-2742
Step 3: Entering a Bill & Making Payment
- Navigate to Vendors from the QuickBooks Home Screen
- Create a Bill for the Vendor which contains the name of Barter Partner
- Now, select the Barter Bank Account as the Payment Account
- Mark the bill as paid and save it
You can also refer to A Complete Guide to Bills Management in QuickBooks
Once you have successfully created the Invoice and Bill and have marked both as paid, you should see that the balance of the Barter Account is zero.
At some point of exchanging of goods or services might not have an equal value, which might show a balance due for your Invoice or Bill. In that situation, you can either pay the Barter Partner or receive money from them.
Important: If your business operating method is Cash Basis, you would need to ensure that the date of the Invoice and Bill payment is the same.
- 207 views
- 1 answers
- 0 votes
Asked on December 8, 2018 in QuickBooks Errors.
Thank you for posting on the QASolved Community Forums.
If your QuickBooks Database Manager refuses to work, there are three solutions you can use. Be warned though, as they are complex methods. If you are a newer user of the QuickBooks application, then it is best that you seek the help of an IT professional, as any wrong move you make could result in major data loss. You can try to:
- Reboot your server, then retry the database manager.
- Repair QuickBooks Desktop.
- Perform a clean reinstall of QuickBooks Desktop.
Again, it is recommended that only advanced users perform these methods. For those of you who would like detailed guidance on how to resolve this error, please contact QuickBooks Support Number.
- 259 views
- 1 answers
- 1 votes
Asked on June 26, 2018 in QuickBooks Desktop.
There can be several reasons which do not allow to print transactions such as checks, estimates, invoices etc. from QuickBooks. You can try below solutions and one of them will hopefully help you resolve the problem:
Before proceeding, you must check the following:
- Correct Printer Selected: that in the Printer Setup, the correct printer selected. Which you can check by going to File >> Printer Setup. Below image can help you navigate:
- Update QuickBooks Release: QuickBooks release updates always help in avoiding problems which the application. You must update to the latest release by going to Help>>Check for Updates
- Printer Software & Connectivity: You need to ensure that the latest printer software is installed on the computer you are trying to print from and the computer is able to communicate with the printer
You would need to follow the below steps which can definitely help you resolve the issue:
Solution 1: You can try to run the QuickBooks Print and PDF Repair Tool however in many instances it might not be helpful if there are major issues
Solution 2: You would need to rename the QBPrint file located in the QuickBooks Application Directory.
Solution 3: Reinstall the printer software and drivers from the manufacturer’s website.
If the above solutions don’t help you or if you are facing difficulty while performing the troubleshooting then you might have to seek expert assistance
- 311 views
- 1 answers
- 0 votes
Asked on June 26, 2018 in Troubleshooting.
If you are using QuickBooks on the cloud, depending on the Operating System you are using, the Remote Desktop connection needs to be configured correctly.
Normally if you have the printer redirection active on the remote control application you should be able to print normally. So first you need to try to print from the computer directly, as that will ensure that the printer software and the drivers are installed correctly.
You might have to close QuickBooks on the Cloud Machine and then sign out of Windows by right-clicking on the Windows Icon. Then log in again to the cloud, this will ensure that the printers installed on your computer are being redirected to the Cloud Machine.
You might have to install a third party printing application on the Cloud which manually discovers the printers installed on your computer, however, the component of such third party application has to be installed on your computer where the printer is installed.
In case you are still unable to print or not sure how exactly the printer redirection works, you might have to consult with the company who is providing you the Cloud Hosting Facility as they will be the best people to assist you. You can contact Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor.
- 383 views
- 1 answers
- 0 votes