How to convert or upgrade the company file to the latest version of QuickBooks Desktop?
Converting your file is routinely as easy as a cakewalk and can be done with easy steps. As I write this, it incredibly significant to be credulous about the Data Integrity of QuickBooks Company File. To affirm this, it is important to know few important this before the file is upgraded or converted. Take a Look.
- Your file should be in single user mode and users must be logged out (if you have multi-user setup)
- The Company File should be updated or converted locally and not from a Host or Server Computer.
- You have to be signed in Admin in order to update the QuickBooks Company File.
- A Company File once updated or converted, cannot be opened in previous or lower versions.
- The Company Files updated or converted to Enterprise Editions can’t be opened in Pro or Premier.
- Now the most important point to Verify the Data Integrity of QuickBooks Company File locally before you convert your file in order to reduce the chances of converting s damaged data.
- To Verify the QuickBooks Company File, from the Menu Bar on the top Click File >>> Utilities >>> Verify Data (The time taken is determined by the size of your company file).
- You may come across either of two messages “QuickBooks detected no problems with your data” OR you may some Errors regarding irregularities in your database. You can expand the details of the errors in the report to understand what is it pointing towards? Few of them can get resolved if you choose to Rebuild the Company file and the remaining ones have to be fixed manually as per report after the Rebuild. (Note: It is recommended not to Rebuild the file repeatedly assuming an automatic fix of all the problems in your Company File, doing this can permanently make the file unreadable/unrecoverable.
To upgrade or convert your company files seamlessly to a new QuickBooks Desktop Version, the steps must be performed cautiously. We are just a call away to assist you, in case of any difficulty. Please take note of our QuickBooks Support Number +1-877-263-2742 and talk to our QuickBooks ProAdvisor.
If the Verify and Rebuilt report no problems detected in your company file, it’s time to upgrade or convert your company file to a newer version.
Take a look at steps on how to Upgrade or Convert your Company file to a Newer QuickBooks Version?
- Download, Install and activate your new version of QuickBooks Desktop (You may be prompted to take off the previous QuickBooks installed on your computer, replace it if you want to)
- Go to the File menu, then select Open or Restore Company.
- Select Open Company file then click
- Browse to your company File and then select Open.
- Once you enter the password to open the company file, click the Update Now
- The wizard will take the backup of the existing file and then start the update process (The time taken is determined by the size of your company file)
- Once the update is done, the file opens and the home page highlights few areas in yellow you familiarize you about what’s new in the version that you have now. You can get rid of those pointers by clicking on and blank are on the home screen.
Before you start using your newer version of QuickBooks, enjoy one of your favorites to Drink or Eat. You deserve it for you have spent a great amount of time on this.