How to Resolve QuickBooks Payroll Error 30159
I can understand how your mind will be full of anxiety and question when you get stuck with errors, especially when employees are standing behind you and waiting for the paychecks. This QuickBooks error may occurred because of the incomplete installation of the software or due to misconfigured system files in your windows and sometime because of incomplete payroll updates.
An error message ‘QuickBooks Payroll Error 30159′ appears on the screen when such kind of error appears in QB Payroll
You can try the following steps to fix QuickBooks error 30159
Solution 1 – Perform manually update on your computer.
- Turn of your computer and log in as an administrator.
- Go to control panel and click on update.
- Chose the option, check for update, if you found any pending update do install it.
- Once the update get completed restart the computer.
- Then tried to update your QuickBooks and the payroll
Solutions 2 – with system restore.
You can restore the windows computer to fix the error 30159
- Click on start button then go to all programs.
- Select the option system restore.
- Then click on “restore my computer” and click on next.
- Find for the “most recent system restore point” and highlight it and then click next.
- Click on the restore point confirmation windows.
- Your computer will restart, please wait until system restore completed.
Solution 3 – Check the payroll update and EIN number
- If you are login as in standard user in your QuickBooks, logout and login with Administrator account.
- Check for the EIN number, you can use “CTRL + K” when you have opened company file and check if you have right EIN showing on the list.
- You can update your payroll by clicking on employee tab.
- Under employee click on update payroll.
- If you see PS035 message once the update completed that means your payroll updated.
Solution 4- Reinstall QuickBooks with clean installation
- Open Run tab by pressing the “windows + R” buttons from keyboard.
- In the run tab type in “appwiz.cpl” and hit enter
- The next screen will come up with “Programs and features’
- Now move to Programs list and select highlight QuickBooks and then click Uninstall.
- Next, you can follow the prompts to ‘FINISH’ the process.
- And then download QuickBooks clean installation tool and run it.