How to Resolve QuickBooks Error 1920 ?
Before we jump to the troubleshooting part let me tell you, what QuickBooks error 1920 is and what are the possible reasons behind this error.
QuickBooks Error 1920 and what causes it:
When we receive the QuickBooks error 1920 we generally receive a message stating that “QuickBooks Database Manager Service failed to start”. Because QuickBooks Database Manager Service is unable to start and not accessing a hard drive on our PC and fails to create a connection to company files.
- PC operating system is not working properly.
- If there was an early Failed installation or uninstallation of QuickBooks, due to which there are Invalid registry entries in your windows.
- If there could be infections on the computer.
- Due to power failure or improper system shut down of the computer could occur the errors on the computer which will disturb the Database manager to fail.
- Without technical understanding or doing R&D will delete important system files or registry entry.
We have to follow some steps to troubleshoot error 1920
- You need to check whether your computer is up to date or if there are any updates needs to be installed.
- You need to check your security program for its update and make sure it should be updated in case software was working fine with your installed security.
- You can uninstall the security software if you have any installed on it. You can also turn off the windows firewall.
- Keep in mind while troubleshooting you should not work on multiple programs on your computer.
- You can try to change the name of your QuickBooks desktop company file. To change the name of the file you can open the windows explorer, go to the location where you have kept the file or the default Location, and change the company file name.
- Open QuickBooks Desktop to open your company file and put your credentials.
- Press F2 or Ctrl+1 to check the product description window. From there you will the location of the file so, either copy that or note it down somewhere. Close QuickBooks.
- In order to navigate them to the location of the company file
- Open the file explorer and navigate to the file location.
- Select the file and press the right mouse key to bring Action menu and click
- Type the new name of the file and press enter.
- You can do the clean install of the QuickBooks
You need to Uninstall the QuickBooks from Appwiz.cpl and need to rename some folders on the computer.
The following folders locations that need to be renamed. These folders are necessary to be renamed, without which you can not clean install. You need to make a check mark on “Hidden Items” from the view menu in file explorer.
Program Files\Common Files\Intuit