How Do I Resolve QuickBooks Error 6144?
QuickBooks Error 6144 mostly occurs while opening any company file which is used by any other application. Old QuickBooks user know how to resolve this issue by QuickBooks experts but for new users, it is very difficult to fix QuickBooks error. In this Blog, we will learn how to fix this error, however. If you want to save your time you can hire any certified pro expert.
Why QuickBooks error 6144 occurred?
Generally, this error message appears when the network descriptor files have a wrong path to access your QuickBooks company file or QuickBooks database manager uses a damaged user account on the Windows. Network Descriptor files work to store a specific path to the company files and name the particular server from where the files are shared.
- Corrupt download setup file or incomplete installation of the QuickBooks software.
- Corruption in windows registry due to recent incomplete QuickBooks installation.
- Improper windows shutdown prevent damage to your computer.
- Firewall or internet security may cause the issue.
- Corrupted transaction log file (.TLG) or Network data (.ND) files.
- Or Due to incorrect user permission setup to share a company file.
Signs or symptoms of QuickBooks Error 6144
Following are the major signs of this error:
- It will crash you any application with the error code 6144 82
- Computer performance is sluggish or hangs many times while running the same program.
- When you see a message on the screen “Error 6144: QuickBooks has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.”
- Your computer periodically freezes at the startup time.
Let’s fix the error -6144
The error code -6144, 82 means that your network might have some glitches or have been set up incorrectly to receive or send file information. This error can be resolved by renaming the .ND and .TLG files. There files automatically re-created when you rescan your data file folder by using the database manager or open your company file from the local computer.
- Open QuickBooks desktop.
- Press “F2” (Function keys) key from the keyboard.
- Under the File information section, find the location of the company file.
- Open the folder wherein your company file is stored.
- Find the files with the name as your company files but with the extension .ND and .TLG (Company file_file.qbw.nd and company_file.qbw.tlg)
- Right click on each file and select Rename. Add the word OLD at the end of the file name
- Open QuickBooks again and try to sing into your company file.
For the further assistance or if required advanced technical service please reach out us any time. A dedicated pro advisor team is always ready to help in any situation of your program.