How do I resolve QuickBooks Error 6123?
I keep receiving the QuickBooks error 6123 message whenever I try to upgrade my company files from the QuickBooks 2010 version to the QuickBooks 2019 version. Is this error related to my computer or the company file? Do I need to verify the data in order to resolve the QuickBooks error 6123 before I can upgrade the company file? Kindly help me to get rid of the QuickBooks error 6123.
Greetings, first of all, we would like to thank you for bringing your predicament to our attention with us regarding the complete error details you encountered while upgrading the services. Let me help you in getting rid of the QuickBooks error 6123. However, before we go into the steps of resolving this error, we must first understand the reasons that cause this error to occur.
The following are the possible reasons that cause the QuickBooks error code 6123 to affect your system:
- This error can be caused due to the host computer which might have been interrupted in the Internal Network because of your office connection.
- You might encounter QuickBooks error 6123 while restoring your QuickBooks backup from an external drive or a flash or thumb drive.
- Your QuickBooks Desktop data file or composites file on the system has been damaged.
- You might have more than one instance of QuickBooks database Manager on the system and all the instances are running on the computer.
- QuickBooks error 6123 could’ve occurred due to a firewall issue which prevents the QuickBooks files to access the ports which are essential to run the application. However, you will need to configure the third-party Antivirus and program.
Now, if you would like to know the steps of mitigating this error, you can read the following article: How To Fix QuickBooks Error 6123
If you’re still unable to upgrade your company file by fixing the error 6123 you can contact QuickBooks support team to receive instant technical support. Kindly let us know how in comments that the how it worked at your end.