How to Print W2 Forms in QuickBooks Desktop 2018 with the Basic Payroll Subscription?
At the end of the financial year, after running the final payroll you may need to print and file W-2 form. Here is how we can do that.
Note: Printing the payroll forms are changed in QuickBooks Desktop Payroll. You can visit our website for processing the payroll tax forms.
- QuickBooks Desktop version should be supported
- You should have the active subscription for QuickBooks Payroll.
- You have relevant financial printing papers to print the forms.
- You should have the latest payroll and tax table updates.
When you file W-2 form, W-3 form is also processed automatically. The internal revenue system accepts the batch filling.
Tasks Before Printing W-2
- Set QuickBooks Desktop to automatically archive the W-2 form after E-filing or printing
- View archived W-2 forms that have been e filed or printed
- Save a draft of the W-2 form
- Email the W-2 from Adobe Reader
- You can Select the type of paper and the item to print in the Print W-2 and W-3 Forms window
- Export the form to your PDF Reader and start printing