How to use Direct Deposit in QuickBooks Canada
Direct deposit facility is not available in QuickBooks Canada (Desktop). For that, we have some other alternatives (third-party payment options). Some of the companies are providing supplier payment and payroll payments through QuickBooks Canada.
Payroll Direct Deposit for QuickBooks (Canada)
Telpay, third-party provider suggested by QuickBooks for direct deposit payments. Telpay provides a simple payroll direct deposit solution that integrates with QuickBooks. With Telpay for Business payment software, pay your employees through direct deposit for as little as 15 cents.
For QuickBooks Online Canada:
To Set up
- Click the Gear icon at the top, then Payroll Settings.
- Under Payroll, choose Direct Deposit.
- Review what you’ll need to set up direct deposit and choose Yes! Let’s get started.
- Enter the required fields for Employer Bank Account and Account’s Principal Officer.
- Choose Continue.
- You’ll receive a confirmation/verification email from email@example.com prompting you to verify your information. Once the information is verified, you’ll receive another email confirming your pre-authorized debits.
Verify your Direct Deposit test transactions
In 2-3 working days, a small debt of less than $1.00 CAD will deduct from your account as a test.
To verify this amount:
- Choose the Gear icon at the top, then Payroll Settings.
- Choose Direct Deposit, then Verify Test Transaction. (Note: This option will not be available until the test amount has been debited/Deducted.)
- Fill the test transaction amount in both boxes (less than $1.00). Enter the pennies only, without a dollar sign.
- Click OK.
- After successful verification/Confirmation, you’re ready to set up employees!