All Company Files not appearing in the List while opening QuickBooks
Well, there is certain situation while opening QuickBooks company files, usually, we are not able to open the file which we see in the list and some of the files are missing from the list of company files. Let’s get to the first solution of not able to open the file.
The following error may display while attempting to open the company file from the location listed in the No Company Open window:
Warning: The company file you selected could not be found or it has been moved. You can try one of the following:
- Select ‘Open or Restore Company…’ command from the ‘File’ menu to look for this file in a different location.
- Use the ‘Search’ tool from the Windows ‘Start Menu’ to search for this file in your computer. You can find (*.QBW etc)
This usually happens if your computer is disconnected from the path where the QuickBooks file is located or your QuickBooks file has been deleted from your computer. Select the appropriate setup from the following options and perform the recommended steps.
Set Maximum Number of QuickBooks Company Files
If you are not able to see your company file in the available list then you can set the maximum numbers of QuickBooks company files:
Just follow the latent steps to get the desired result:
- In QuickBooks and Login to any file.
- Now Go to File > Open Previous Company > Set number of previous companies. (Note: This option ‘Set number’ of the previous file is available only when the Server has two or more QuickBooks Files and you are logged into one of them)
- Now in the box, select the number of files as desired, e.g. 2,4.
- Click on OK. Close QuickBooks and Re-open