Unable to login to the QuickBooks Company File
Addressing the question, QuickBooks does not accept the password that I am entering. Intuit has executed updates to address a security vulnerability in QuickBooks Desktop. We have put together answers to some common questions about QuickBooks Desktop Security Information.
There could be several reasons not to get into your Company file:
- The accountant or user logging into the company file using QuickBooks Remote Access and did not log out from a previous session which connected.
- The user already logged into the company file from a different WS (workstation).
- An electrical problem caused an issue in the network.
Currently, there isn’t an alternative to turning off the complex password necessity or rolling back the updates to the old versions.
To set the password:
- Log in to QuickBooks Pro as you usually would and click on “Company” in the menu bar. Enter the existing password in the “Change Password” window. Leave the “New Password” and “Confirm Password” fields blank. (Only works for old versions)
- Scroll through to the challenge question and choose the “Select” option. Then leave the answer blank. If there’s text there, remove it with the backspace key. Earlier versions of QuickBooks Pro did not have challenge questions. So you can skip this step if there isn’t a challenge feature listed. It will indicate that the password has been changed, in which case there will be no password.
For more information, For instant resolution connect to our QuickBooks ProAdvisor Support