What to do if QuickBooks desktop fields appear in black instead of white?
QuickBooks works with the components of the computer to provide to the display as well the framework or the GUI which you see. It takes the help of the certain drivers of the computer and hardware to work smoothly across different screens. Now imagine that you wanted to work on it and when you open the QB the field/s for QuickBooks Desktop are coming black instead of white or the icons, there you will panic and start thinking what to do or what not to do, but don’t worry you need to perform the following steps and it will resolve the QuickBooks display issues:
- You need to close the QuickBooks Desktop and open it again to check whether it is working now. But Make sure before opening the QB you need to close all the QB processes from the background. Follow the procedure to close the background process.
- Press “Windows key+R” to open the Run option.
- In front of open type “taskmgr.exe” and press ok
- Click on the Processes tab on the top.
- Highlight QuickBooks (32-bit) or QBW32.exe and other QB related services one by one and then keep on clicking “End Task”. If you won’t find any process of QBW32.exe or QuickBooks (32-bit), then QuickBooks have been closed properly.
- You should Restart your computer in order to refresh the computer settings.
- Right click on QB icon on the desktop and go to file location and search for reboot.bat and run as administrator to re-register your QuickBooks file and components.
- You should check your video card drivers and make sure to Update it to the latest release.
- Press “Windows key+R” to open the Run window.
- Type dxdiag in the white bar and press Ok.
- Make a note of the Manufacturer/Model and download the related updates
- You can try to change your Windows theme to Basic one
- Go to Personalize by Right-clicking on your Desktop and choose from action drop down.
- You can choose any of the Windows Basic Themes provided
- Open QuickBooks and check.
- Making the changes in the QBW.ini file which is one the key components for the QuickBooks and regulates the graphics of it.
- Before you proceed close the application.
- Press the Windows button and make sure you copy and paste the file path as per the versions of the QB on the white bar:
- Reach the end of the file, and copy and paste the below mentioned text exactly into the file
Save the QBW.ini file and open the QuickBooks again.
Version File Path
- QuickBooks 2019
- Enterprise Solutions 19.0
C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions 19.0\QBW.ini
- QuickBooks 2018
- Enterprise Solutions 18.0
C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions 18.0\QBW.ini
- QuickBooks 2017
- Enterprise Solutions 17.0
C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions 17.0\QBW.ini
- QuickBooks 2016
- Enterprise Solutions 16.0
C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions 16.0\QBW.ini