How to perform clean installation of QuickBooks Desktop?
I am not able to reinstall my QuickBooks Desktop, I have made several attempts for reinstallation of my QuickBooks Desktop 2017 however different errors showoup. one suggestion is mentioned in all the websites to perform clean install. How do i do that?
When a QuickBooks Desktop is corrupted or when a normal reinstall does not fix the issue, you may need to uninstall QuickBooks Desktop. There are several errors which may occur during the installation process, at this stage, we have to perform a clean installation process. Have a look at the below-mentioned steps.
Steps to perform Clean Installation:
Step 1- Uninstall QuickBooks Desktop from your system
- Open Control Panel and navigate to uninstall a program
- Select QuickBooks and click on uninstalled button
- Follow the instruction and click on remove
Step 2- Renaming Installation Folders:
You have to keep an option to use QuickBooks Clean Install Tool to rename the folders for you. If you do not want to run this tool, you can manually rename QuickBooks installation folders.
- You can use QuickBooks Clean Install Tool.
- Manual uninstall (Rename the folders of software).
- There several places where Intuit folder is created, find the rename them.
- Download the QuickBooks_Clean_Install_Tool.exe file and save it to your desktop.
- Open QuickBooks clean Install tool
- Select I Accept on the license agreement.
- Choose QuickBooks Desktop version, after that click Continue.
- Now QuickBooks is ready for a clean install, please install to the default location.
Step 3- Now re-install QuickBooks Desktop on your system:
Once the uninstall process is completed then restart your computer and download QuickBooks Desktop setup from the internet or if you have the disk please use it. You can find the license numbers for the product on the CD/DVD label or if you have purchased and downloaded it from QuickBooks website, you will get it on the same page when the payment is completed.