I am unable to save or delete transactions in QuickBooks Desktop
I understand that to maintain the books more efficiently, most of the times you are required to modify or delete existing transactions. Normally this shouldn’t be a difficult task however at times you can encounter problems such as the error message: “A data problem prevents QuickBooks from continuing”.
Such kind of problem occurs when there are Data Damages in your Company File. We must need to resolve such issues at the earliest because they may harm your business information.
Below are few Steps you must perform to get rid of the problem:
Step 1: Run QuickBooks Data Verification
Before we troubleshoot the problem, it is important to run the data verification in order to know the problems within the company file. You can do this by following below steps:
- Go to the QuickBooks File Menu
- Under Utilities click on Verify Data
After the verification process is complete, you will receive a list of data problems detected in your Company File. Now, we can utilize the Rebuild utility which can help you fix the issues however before running the utility you must review the QB Win Log file.
Step 2: Review the QBWin.log File
Navigate to the Log file by pressing F2 & F3 buttons on your keyboard
- From the list highlight the QBWin.log file and click Open
- Look for the line which contains “LVL_ERROR”
- Now, whichever transaction is linked to the error, locate it in QuickBooks and correct it
Step 3: Re-sort the Lists of Accounts/Items in QuickBooks
You would need to re-sort the following Lists in QuickBooks:
- List of Master Names that contains all your Customers, Jobs, Vendors, Employees and all Other Names
- List of Chart of Accounts which contains your Banks, Income Accounts, Expense Accounts, Inventory Accounts etc.
- List of Items which contains all the Inventory, Inventory Parts, Service Items & all Other Items
To know the detailed steps you must read: How To Re-sort Lists in QuickBooks
At any point of time if you are facing trouble while following the above steps, feel free to consult a QuickBooks Certified ProAdvisor or Call 1-877-236-2742.