Error 404 while updating QuickBooks Pro 2018
Hello there, I can help you get past this error so you can access your QuickBooks Pro.
There are a few possible reasons why you’ve encountered error 404 on your computer. Among these are:
- The web page you were trying to access couldn’t be found on the server (connection error with the server)
- The page has been removed or moved, and the URL was not changed (connection was not established with the correct server)
To better quarantine QuickBooks error 404 message, let’s make sure you are logged in as the Windows admin. Then, let’s try checking your computer’s Internet connection.
- Use Internet Explorer and connect to a website that you do not normally connect to. Sometimes this action displays a prompt asking you to connect to the Internet.
- If you cannot connect to the Internet, contact your Internet service provider because the problem is not just QuickBooks or Computer
- If you can connect to the Internet, with Internet Explorer open, try to download the update.
- Ensure Internet Explorer is your default browser.
- Then, configure Internet Explorer settings.
After checking the connection, let’s open QuickBooks and log in as the admin user. Then, you’ll need to check QuickBooks’ Internet connection set up to make sure you are properly connected.
- Click on Help on the top menu.
- Select Internet Connection Setup wizard.
- Make sure that QuickBooks default option Use my computer’s Internet connection settings to establish a connection when this application accesses the Internet is selected.
- Click on Next.
- Click on Done.
This should help you resolve QuickBooks Error 404 message while using the software on your computer.