Unable to Restore QuickBooks Company File directly from flash drive
Hello David, as per the situation you explained to me it is quite possible that you may get the error and QuickBooks may ask you to run the file doctor application in order to fix the file.
Using QuickBooks Desktop is easy but there are some restrictions or we can say some precaution that we can take while using it. It is not recommended that we open the file from any external drive or flash drive. External drives are the unstable platform to keep the data file as we remove them again and again as per our requirement. It can also create corruption or due to security and permission reasons file may give you an error.
It’s better to keep it in the default location (Windows 8/7/Vista: C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks\Company Files). Or if you are saving the file in the server then you can choose the specific location as per your requirement.
If you have the backup file and you want to restore it from flash drive you can follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Insert your storage device in your computer and open QuickBooks. If you haven’t already installed QuickBooks on your computer, do this first.
- Click the “File” menu and Choose “Restore Company.”
- Choose Restore a Backup Copy then click “Next.”
- Choose Local Backup as the location for your backup file.
- Navigate to your storage device and click on the QuickBooks backup file. Click “Open” and then “Next.”
- Confirm that you want to restore the backup file and select “Save” to initiate the restore process. (Note: You can save the file in your computer location or the default location)