Getting error 6000-82 while opening company file.
QuickBooks Error 6000 82 occurs when QuickBooks users tried to access the company file (over the network). This indicates that QuickBooks can’t access the company file, which is located on another computer. This error code occurs when the file is getting access in multi-user environments from other computers. Followings are the most common caused:
- Incorrect network setup
- Windows or Antivirus firewall blocking incoming ip’s
- QuickBooks database manager not working
How to fix QuickBooks error 6000 82
There are many solutions to resolve QuickBooks error 6000 82 but here we are going to discuss some simple steps.
For establishing in Single- User access, Turn off hosting mode
- Logout from QuickBooks in all computers.
- When you see the company open or restore file screen in the upper left top corner click on File and then click on utilities.
- Click on stop hosting multi-user access and if you see turn on hosting for the multi-user just leave it as it is.
- Click on Yes when it prompt to stop multi user access.
- In the next screen click on YES, company file must be closed.
Delete the empty space after or before the company name
- Logout the QuickBooks from all the devices
- Go the company file folder
- Right click on the company file name and click on rename
- Clear the blank space between the file extension
- In the next screen click on ok.
- After this try to open the company file.
- With your QuickBooks open, Press the F2 button from your keyboard to easily open the product information Windows carefully.
- It is important to verify that under the “local server information” whether the hosting option is set to local files only. (you can see it at the bottom of the windows)
- Click on Multi-user mode under the File menu
- In the next screen get access to the company file on the network carefully.
- Verified is required to set the Hosing to local files only.
Rescan company file folder in QuickBooks Database server manager
- Open database manager on the server computer
- Find the data file folder and scan it or highlight the folder and click on scan
- If you do not see any error on scanning the file folder
- Then try to open the QuickBooks
Once you have done with all the above steps, next to restart all the computers. It is also possible that your company file data damage. Do not worry you can rebuild the file but it has to be very careful.