There are some software glitches that user of QuickBooks may encounter while working on it. One of these is QuickBooks Error 6000 82. If these solutions do not work, get help from QuickBooks professionals. QuickBooks error code 6000 82 occurs when trying to open the QuickBooks company file. When the error occurs, the users cannot access the company file on any other computer. It is an error code that the users encounter in a multiple user environment.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 6000 82
QuickBooks Error 6000 82 can appear due to any damaged or corrupted files in QuickBooks. It shows that the QuickBooks file cannot be located on another computer in the network. This may also happen if the data source name is damaged. It can also occur if the software installed is encrypted.
Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Error 6000 82
Here are a few solutions in order to fix QuickBooks Error 6000 82. Perform these steps to get the best results.
Solution 1: Remove all the spaces from the company name
- Log out from the QuickBooks account.
- Open the folder in which the company file is located.
- Right-click on the company file.
- Click on Rename.
- Remove all the spaces from the company name and the file extension.
- Now try to open or create a new company file.
Solution 2: Turn off hosting where QuickBooks is installed
- For a single
- Go to Files, then click on Utilities.
- Now click on Stop Hosting Multiple User.
- Click on Yes when the Stop Hosting Multiple User messages appear.
- Another dialogue box will appear, click on Yes.
- For multiple user access.
- On each computer displaying the error.
- Go to No Company Open window and select File.
- Then click on Utilities.
- See that the option Hosting Multiple User Access is displayed. If the computer display Stop Hosting Multiple User Access, it means they are already hosting multiple users.
- Click on Stop Hosting Multiple User Access option on any of the computers displaying this option. Then follow the prompts to turn off hosting.
- Now try opening the file again.
Solution 3: For Multiple User access, switch to Hosting local and Remote files mode
- Open QuickBooks and press F2 key. This will open the product information window.
- Set Hosting to Local files only, under the Local Server Information at the bottom window.
- Now go to files and switch to Multiple user mode.
- Open company files on a network computer and press F2 to open the product information window.
- Verify that under the Local Server Information, Hosting is set to local files only.
Solution 4: Restart the computer
Restarting the computer will bring it to scratch and will wipe away the current status of the software. However, even if this does not resolve, perform the last step.
GET INSTANT RESOLUTION
Get our expert Quickbooks ProAdvisor on call to resolve your query in no-time.
Solution 5: Perform standard troubleshooting
It might be possible that the company files are damaged. To perform the troubleshoot take help from Support Desk. They would provide the best professionals to help resolve the issue.
These are possible solutions to fix QuickBooks Error 6000 82. If facing the same error message again and again – instantly dial QuickBooks ProAdvisor Support Number and consult with certified technical experts.
If You ever feel the need of taking advice from your fellow business owners that happened to be our existing subscribers, you can visit our thriving QuickBooks Community.