QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery is an efficient tool designed to recover damaged QuickBooks files or lost data. The tool allows you to utilize some essential features of ‘Auto Replication to create a duplicate QuickBooks Company file (.QBW), the QuickBooks Transaction Log file (.QBW.tlg), and the auto recovery feature.
This blog will help you know ‘QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery Tool’ and how it is helpful to resolve ‘data recovery issues.
The two ways in which ‘ADR’ can help you recover the ‘Lost file.’
- Recreate lost transactions with your current ‘Transaction Log File’ & a copy of your Company file.
- Recreate the last few hours of transactions with a copy of the Company file & the Transaction Log File.
Points to be considered before doing the ‘Auto Data Recovery’
- QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery Tool is available for QuickBooks Pro, Premier, Enterprise for windows.
- The feature is not present in Accountant Editions.
- There is a file size limitation of 1.5 Gigabytes. For a backup greater than 1.5 Gigabytes, then you cannot create an Auto Data Recovery.
- Your QuickBooks Desktop have latest updates.
- How to Recover ‘lost data’ with QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery?
Solution 1- Utilize the original.TLG file with ‘.QBW. adr file’
Use the ‘Original Transaction Log File’ and the Auto Data Recovery version of your company file to recover the recent transactions. Follow the below-given procedure to complete the process.
- Make a new folder on the ‘Desktop’ named QB Test
- Open the folder where you have this company file saved
Note: You can see the company file location on the ‘Product Information Screen’ and the ‘No Company open window.’
- You can copy the ‘Corresponding .tlg’ file and paste it to QuickBooks Test Folder on your Desktop.
Reflect/Show File Extensions
- Press button Windows+E to open the File Explorer
- Now you can Press ‘Organise’ and choose the ‘Folder’ and search options
- For Windows 10, 8.1 & 8- Press View & choose the ‘Filename Extension’.
- Now choose ‘Hide Extensions’ for the known file types.
- Select Apply and OK
- Now open the QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery folder
- Copy‘.adr file’ and Paste it to the QB Test Folder. Your folder will have a.QBW.adr & .tlg file on your QBTest folder.
- Go to the QBTest folder and right-click ‘QBW.adr file’ & Press ‘Rename’ option
- Now delete ‘.adr’ from the end of the file.
- Open QuickBooks again ‘Open’ the company file saved in your QBTest folder and verify all transactions are there.
- Now ‘Run’ verify utility to ensure the integrity of this company file
- If this company file is fine, then you can move the damaged company file to a separate location
- Finally, you can transfer a copy from ‘QBTest’ to the original location.
GET INSTANT RESOLUTION
Get our expert Quickbooks ProAdvisor on call to resolve your query in no-time.
Solution 2- Utilize the ‘.QBW.adr’ & ‘.TLG.adr’ files.
In this solution, you will use the ADR version for both.QBW &.TLG files. This will recover the last 12 hours of transactions.
- Make a ‘New folder’ on the Desktop
- Name this folder as ‘QuickBooks’
- Open the Folder that says ‘QuickBooksAutoDataRecovery’
Note: Check the company file location on the Product Information screen
- Copy ‘.TLG.adr’ and ‘.QBW.add files & now paste then to ‘QBTest folder.’
Show/Reflect the File Extensions
- Press ‘Windows+E’ to open the File Explorer
- Now press ‘Organize’ and choose folder & search options.
- For Windows 10,8.1 & 8- Press View & select the ‘File name extension’
- Choose ‘Hide extensions’ for the known file types
- Select Apply & OK
- In the QBTest folder, you remove the ‘.adr’ from the end of the file name to get a.‘qbw & .tlg’ files on the QBTest folder.
- Now Open QuickBooks and open the company file that is saved in the ‘QBTest folder.’ Verify that all the transactions are there.
- Now ‘RUN’ the verify utility to ensure the integrity of the company file
- If the company file is fine, then you can shift the ‘damaged company file’ to some other location
- Finally, transfer the copy from ’QBTest’ to the original place.
With the above steps, you can easily recover all the ‘lost’ QuickBooks Data. QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery Tool is an efficient device to which helps you get back all you lost QuickBooks Data. If you have doubts in any of the steps above, then speak to an expert at QuickBooks Tech Support Number.
If you ever feel the need of taking advice from your fellow business owners that happened to be our existing subscribers, you can visit our thriving QuickBooks Community. Still, if you do not find an answer for your specific question within the community. In that case, you can also post your question in the community to get the requisite answer from the contributing members.