QuickBooks Error 80029c4a Error loading type library/DLL can’t load a dynamic link library (DLL). Error Code 80029c4a is a complex error and is being reported by many QuickBooks Desktop users. Obviously, it’s quite annoying when we have to rush the routine jobs that are done and maintained in QuickBooks and the information can’t be accessed or punched in either.
While QuickBooks Error 80029c4a might be one of the most frustrating to deal with, there a number of other ones that arise that can cause an equal level of annoyance, if not more. Go through this whole post to find out the perfect solutions to deal with the same issue.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 80029c4a
- QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a can usually arise when QuickBooks component does not start properly or the Dynamic Link Library (DLL) files are missing or corrupted due to the system irregularities.
- If your antivirus or security, the software has falsely marked any QuickBooks executable file or other components as unsafe.
You might have or may see below message while opening the software or while working in it:
Note: Before you make any changes into your antivirus or security software, please consult the User’s guide or consult a qualified person having core knowledge QuickBooks Desktop Software’s technical aspects.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 80029c4a
- “Error 80029C4A” shows up on your screen.
- The error appears on the screen and crashes the running program window.
- Your system crashes frequently with ‘Error 80029C4A’.
- Windows run sluggishly and respond slowly to keyboard and mouse inputs.
- Your computer freezes periodically.
- QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a also occurs during installation.
Also Read: How to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error H202?
Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a
Steps suggested below can help you fix QuickBooks Error 80029c4a and put you back on track in no time. Steps are very simple and ought to be followed in the order prescribed.
Solution 1: From Update Security Software
Update your antivirus or security software to the latest release and add the program/component exceptions as per its user manual and then try to open QuickBooks again.
Solution 2: Restart & Register QuickBooks Services & DLL’s using Reboot.bat command
- Close QuickBooks Desktop
- Open the folder which has the reboot.bat file:
- Right-click the QuickBooks Desktop icon and choose properties.
- Click Open file location.
- Right-click the reboot.bat file and choose Run as Administrator
- Wait till the black window disappears with scrolling file names on your computer screen.
- Restart your computer and QuickBooks should run fine.
QuickBooks reboot process brings the software to its optimal default settings, (The software has to updated to the latest release again before you open the company file).
Solution 3: Resolve using QuickBooks Clean Install Tool
QuickBooks Clean Install Tool has a three-fold solution to rectify the problem.
Firstly uninstall, then rename the installation folder and then reinstall QuickBooks desktop again. Below given are the in brief:
- Uninstall QuickBooks from Program and Features
- Run the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool
- Install QuickBooks using your license information
- After that, Run QuickBooks as administrator
- Make sure, there is No Company Open on screen.
- Go to the Help menu, select Update QuickBooks.
- Select Options.
- Choose the Mark all button and then click Save.
- Click on the Update Now
- Click on the Reset Update then Choose the Get Updates
- Wait till the time “Update complete” message appears. Close QuickBooks.
- You may get a prompt to Install update when you open QuickBooks again. Click Yes and wait till the update process completes and restart the computer.
Note: Before uninstalling QuickBooks Desktop, make sure to have the installation file located or downloaded and have your license information handy.
Solution 4: Conduct Windows Repair of QuickBooks
- Firstly, you have to close QuickBooks and then click on the Windows button.
- Now, open Control Panel >> Uninstall or change program.
- Choose QuickBooks from the program list.
- Next, click on Uninstall/Change >> Next.
- QuickBooks installation windows will open, then click on Next.
- Now, choose the Repair radio option and click on Repair.
- You have to click on Finish once the repair process is completed.
- Finally, reboot your PC and open QuickBooks to check the issue is resolved.
Solution 5: Run Windows System File Checker
- First of all, click on Start and type command in the search bar.
- Hold CTRL+Shift and then press Enter.
- A permission dialog box will prompt, click on Yes.
- You will see a black box on the screen.
- Now, you have to enter “SFC/scannow” and press Enter.
- Wait until System File Checker completes the scanning for “QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a”.
- Once the process is done, follow the on-screen prompts and Error Code 80029c4a will be fixed.
We hope that you managed to solve QuickBooks Error 80029c4a on your own with the help of this blog, as we have tried our best to give detailed input, to simplify it for advanced and layman users alike. Our team of experts will guide you and provide the most efficient solutions. Take away valuable advice and tech-support solutions at minimal expenses, with no wait time whatsoever. Our database is extensive and we will make sure to find the root of each and every error you come across – whether commonly occurring or rare, we solve them all! If the issue still remains unfixed or unresolved, get in touch with our team at QASolved.