I am a QuickBooks Online user and I have some transactions mistakenly matched. Can I get to some help to find a unmatch them?
I have recently purchased QuickBooks Online and as a result, I am not very familiar with its navigation and functionality. I chose QuickBooks Online because of all the features and benefits it offers. However, I seem to have committed an error. I am unable to figure out how to rectify unintentionally matched transactions. Can someone provide me with a solution?
Greetings, thank you for bringing this to our attention. I understand that QuickBooks online has an interface that is different than that of the QuickBooks desktop rendition. Downloading bank transactions automatically in QuickBooks online is a great feature. When the transactions get downloaded, QuickBooks assigns each with a “Matched” and “unmatched” status. You can accomplish to unmatch a transaction in QuickBooks online in many different ways. Don’t create a new transaction if QuickBooks is unable to match with the one that you’ve previously created.
You can go to the following article to change the “matched” and “unmatched” status: Click here.
So, before you go through the methods of unmatching transactions, you must first review them.
- Navigate to the ‘Banking’ section and then the tab stating ‘For Review’.
- Click on the transaction to broaden the view.
- Review the Record found in QuickBooks to ensure that it’s not a match.
- Open the Match Transactions window by clicking on the ‘Find Other Transactions’ tab.
- Search for the matching record by the reference number, amount or payee.
- Expand the date range by several days before and after you expect to see the transaction.
To know more about how to unmatch a transaction in QuickBooks online, you can read the following article: How to Delete or Unmatch downloaded transactions in QuickBooks Online or contact our QuickBooks ProAdvisor Team to get instant support at 1-877-263-2742.