I am unable to create a PDF file from QuickBooks. how can I fix it?
I am the owner of a textile firm and have been using QuickBooks for several years. I am running QuickBooks on more than 5 computers. I have had no issues with the software until today that is. Every month I send invoices to my customers through email as an attachment. I have two employees in my office that do the same thing as a daily accounting activity. Today I received an error stating that “Your forms were not sent because QuickBooks could not create the necessary PDF files” and QuickBooks cannot create PDF on both the computers. I have tried to restart the computers several times and am still receiving the same error message. I even called my IT guy but he was not able to fix this issue as well. I need to get rid of this problem as soon as possible and finish up the pending work. Can anyone help me get rid of this error?
Greetings, thank you for reaching out to our community regarding this issue. I will surely help you get rid of the QuickBooks cannot create PDF error. However, before we go through the steps of resolution, we need to know the exact cause of what causes this issue to occur. The major causes that contribute towards the occurrence of this type of errors are mentioned below:
- A PDF file component might have gone missing. It is very likely that the PDF file component which helps QuickBooks to create PDF files is missing.
- There is a PDF converter in the background of QuickBooks that might have gone offline and not able to convert the data on screen to a PDF document.
- Sometimes QuickBooks is not able to save the data or the form in a PDF format.
- One of the most common reasons for this error to occur is the QuickBooks PDF Converter is not activated and requires a manual activation.
- Microsoft XPS Document Writer is missing or corrupted.
Now, to know the steps to resolve the QuickBooks cannot create PDF error, you will need to read the following article: How to Fix QuickBooks Cannot Create PDF Problem
The aforementioned article will help fix the error QuickBooks is not able to create PDF.