How to fix QuickBooks POS Error 1706?
QuickBooks Desktop POS error 1706 comes up while Installing the software it says “Error Code: “A valid authorization not found while opening the POS “.
Step 1: Missing or Outdated .NET framework
- First of all, we need to Download the .NET framework setup.
- Once the setup is downloaded you need to Run and Install the framework.
Note: Some of the latest frameworks gets to download and configured by them self, all you need to do Just Install the .NET framework from the official website and run it.
Step 2: Corrupted windows files
- Your windows files might be corrupted So, to fix corrupted windows files we need to update windows files.
- First of all, Click on Start Button or All Programs.
- Then you need to Click on Control panel on the right-hand side. Or else you can simply type the control panel in the search bar it will bring it for you.
- Once you see the control panel window Click on System and Security and then click on windows update. If you are using other versions of windows like Windows 10 you can simply type windows update in the left-hand side bottom corner search bar.
- Let the process to be complete. It will take some time to install updates in your computer once it’s done your system will restart to configure
Step 3: Install Microsoft Fix it System File Checker
- Download the Microsoft fix it from official Microsoft
- Once it’s downloaded Run the Software. It will Run an SFC (System File Check) on your computer and if there is any problem with your .NET framework it will repair it.
Step 4: Excessive Startup
- Change Startup Items.
- From the keyboard Press Windows+R. It will bring up a small run box.
- In the run box type in msconfig and press ok.
- If you see any unwanted items in startup select that and click on disable.
Note: After following all the steps, if the QuickBooks Error 1706 still persists, then we need to run a malware scan on the computer because it might be causing our installation. And damaging our installation files.
To run a malware scan you can search for Malwarebytes and download it from the internet.
Step 5: Finally reinstall the pos
To begin with the fresh installation first we need to uninstall the previous installation files of Point of Sale
- To uninstall the POS files, we need to go to all the program list by pressing Windows+R then type cpl.
- Once you see the list of programs, select Point of Sale. Then make a right and click on uninstall.
- Once the Software is uninstalled go to the C:\Program Filesx86\ find out the POS installation folder and delete it. So that we will not override the fresh installation.
- After that restart the computer.
- Once the Removal is done Reinstall the software. This will definitely fix up your problem.
If you are still facing the same problem you can contact us Certified Pro Advisor at 1-877-263-2742 to fix POS issues.