Not able to change the name on QuickBooks Company file
Thank you for posting your concern on our community. I will be happy to help you with your problem. I can understand how frustrating it can be when by mistake you misspelled your company name. Every time you get in your company file you would want to change it. So, you don’t worry I will go ahead and assist with same. In case if you are still not able to change the company file name you can always reach out to one of our QuickBooks certified Professionals on 1-877-263-2742.
The name of your company file depends on what you set up when you created the company. But you don’t need to worry if by mistake you misspelled the company name or if your company recently changed and you want the same name to reflect on your company file you will need to follow these steps or you can always consult one of our QuickBooks Experts on 1-877-263-2742.
- Before making any changes in your QuickBooks I would recommend you to take backup of your company file.
- Make sure your QuickBooks is not running
- In QuickBooks check the location of your company file, by clicking F2 from your keyboard when your QuickBooks is opened.
- Navigate where your file is located
- Right click on the file and select rename
- Change the file name and enter
- Click Yes to confirm the change
Now as we changed the company file name, we will need to open the file in QuickBooks.
- Launch QuickBooks and on the top click on the file
- Select open or restore a company file
- Select open company file
- Select the newly renamed company file.
If you are still not able to change the company file name or if you have any other concern you can always get connected to one of our QuickBooks Certified ProAdvisor on 1-877-263-2742.