Unable to take backup in QuickBooks
Thank you for posting on our Community Forum.
Error “RE: Unable to take backup” can be caused by one of more of the following:
- You are trying to save the file in a protected location.
- The file is located in a restricted location.
- You do not have proper folder permissions set up.
- You are attempting to save to a damaged folder.
Here is how we recommend you resolve this issue:
- You may use the QuickBooks Software File Doctor.
- Set your QuickBooks to Run as Administrator.
- Move your company file to a default location.
- Create a new folder for the company files.
- Test and set your folder permissions.
In case you need any more help with this issue, you are welcome to contact the QuickBooks ProAdvisor Support Phone Number 1-877-263-2742. They should be able figure out the best solution.
Hope this helps.