Want to move a Backup of Company File to QuickBooks Online
Understanding your situation that you do not have QuickBooks Desktop installed on your computer any more however you might still have the license registered under your name. You can follow below steps to first install QuickBooks Desktop on your computer:
- Go to the camp’s website (Customer Account Management Portal Site)
- Login with your username/email address and password
Note: In case you do not know your password use the “Forgot Password” option
- Enter the verification code which will be sent to your email address or phone number
- Under the “Products & Services” are looking for QuickBooks version you were using
- Beside the version, name click on “Details” hyperlink
- Download and install QuickBooks with the License information displayed on the screen.
In case you are unable to locate your license information you can contact a QuickBooks Certified ProAdvisor who can help you locate it.
Once QuickBooks is successfully installed on your computer, you can restore the backup file and follow below steps that can help you convert or export the file to QuickBooks Online:
- Go to Company Tab
- Click on Export Company File to QuickBooks Online
- Enter your QuickBooks Online credentials
- You will be getting an email once the export is done
That’s all, now you should have all the information in your QuickBooks Online.