Why am I Getting Error -6000 when opening a company file?
We had an IT maintenance done in our office on Friday. Afterwards, we checked everything on all the computers including QuickBooks in our office and everything worked fine till the day end. Since morning today, while trying to open company file and I suddenly get -6000 error. It opens fine a few times and the error occurs 9 out of 10 times when we close the file to access the another one. Everything else opens fine except company file showing error -6000
Greetings…! and thanks a lot for communicating about QuickBooks Error -6000 that is troubling you to open the company file. I hope the IT maintenance is done up to the mark as you are reporting everything else working fine. Other elements can Cause of QuickBooks Error -6000 too those may need the involvement of Certified QuickBooks Technician to diagnose it. On the other hand, if you are comfortable performing yourself to resolve QuickBooks Error 6000 please click on the article hyperlink placed on the bottom. You must take a look triggers of the Error -6000 in QuickBooks below.
What is QuickBooks Error 6000?
QuickBooks Error 6000 is one of the common errors which indicates to a restriction to open the existing company file. QuickBooks error -6000 may be blended with 2 or 3 more digits referring to an exact cause for not able to open the company file.
Triggers of QuickBooks Error -6000, XXX
- Security application or Firewall blocking the QuickBooks to communicate with the data source.
- Damaged Network Data (.ND) or QuickBooks Transaction Log File (.TLG).
- File and folder permissions are not configured right.
- Latency or blips in Local area network connectivity (In multi-user setups).
- You might be logging in with the same user name which is already logged in from another computer.
- File Sharing or QuickBooks Database Server Manager is not properly configured.
- Possibility of Data Damage to QuickBooks Company File.
- Disk error can cause QuickBooks Error -6000, XXXX.
I hope this information helps you to understand why you keep on getting QuickBooks Error 6000 while opening the company file. For more information and the solutions to fix this error -6000 in QuickBooks, Click the article hyperlink and patiently go through the information.