I am not able to restore a recent QuickBooks Backup File because of the QuickBooks Error 6144. Can someone help me resolve this?
I am in an awful predicament as the QuickBooks error 6144, 82 message keeps appearing on my system whenever I try to restore the company file. My working file has been corrupted so I created the backup last night but that too has been plagued by QuickBooks error 6144. Now, I am unable to get my work done even though I have the backup file but I do not have way to work on it. Can someone please help me resolve this issue?
Thanks for reaching out to the community regarding this issue. I want to make you sure that you would be able to restore the file from your backup folder. QuickBooks error 6144 usually affects your system when your software program is interacting with other application on the system or being used by any other program.
Now, before we go through the steps of resolving QuickBooks error 6144, we must first understand the factors that cause this error to occur.
QuickBooks error 6144, 82 occurs due to the reasons below mentioned:
- You might have downloaded your software from a corrupted source or the rendition of QuickBooks that you installed was corrupted.
- You might be using a third-party program which might have deleted the QuickBooks registry or could have corrupted your registry itself.
- Your computer may be infected with malware or viruses which may have affected the helping files of your QuickBooks program.
- If your system was ever infected before, then your Antivirus program might have deleted some of the QuickBooks data files.
- QuickBooks error 6144 can also occur due to damaged hard drive or RAM which may result in the loss of data and file.
- This error can also occur due to the files being located on the network and you might have lost the connectivity between the computers.
Now, in order to know the steps of resolving the QuickBooks error 6144, you will need to read the following article: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 6144 & Error Code -6144 -82
If the issue persists even after you have performed all the steps accordingly as illustrated in the article, then please get in touch with the QuickBooks Support Team at 1-888-660-0582