When you export inventory list from old account and import to new, do you need to manually adjust quantity of items in the new account?
We’ve changed our business named and are setting up a new QB account. When I export my inventory list from the old account and import it to the new, the quantity for the items shows as zero in the new account. Do I need to manually adjust all the items or did I miss something?
I would be glad to help you understand how you can move your inventory data from old account to new account. Would like to tell you that you can import and export various inventory list and transaction types in QuickBooks by using different file formats. Here we know how to import and export QuickBooks data with MS Excel files below or you can call directly to pro-advisor expert:
Follow the below-given steps to transfer the inventory list:
- From the QuickBooks Go to File menu > Utilities > Import > Excel Files.
- If you get the Add/Edit Multiple List Entries window, click No.
- Follow the wizard in importing files.
- Select the type of data.
- QuickBooks opens a formatted excel spreadsheet. Once you have entered your information, saved the file and closed it, you will be given the option to Add My Data Now.
- Review results and view Data in QuickBooks.
- Click Close when done.
Turn on inventory preferences:
- Open the company file as admin.
- Check that you are on the Single-user mode.
If not then: On the File menu, the option to Switch to Multi-user Mode should be available. If not, select Switch to Single-user Mode.
- From the QuickBooks Edit menu, select Preferences.
- Select Items & Inventory on the left pane, then go to the Company Preferences tab.
- Put a check mark on the Inventory and Purchase Orders are Active box, then select OK.