Why am I getting QuickBooks Error -6000, -83?
We use QuickBooks Desktop 2018 Pro Plus on 3 computers. The company file opens completely fine on the Office Manager’s computer and that hosts the company file as well. The Problem is with our Front desk computer and the one that is majorly used for accounting purposes. We updated QuickBooks and restated be the computers and the Error Code -6000, -83 opening the company file again. Our IT guy told that this problem could be because of broken network connectivity. That doesn’t seems to be the case as we are able to access other office documents from the host computer without any hassle. Someway, it started working magically and started again after middle of the day. If we are able to access other stuff from the Main computer, what are causes of QuickBooks Error 6000 83? Can anyone advise on this? Thank You.
Greetings, we value your post on our QuickBooks Community. Successively, Let me share the important information to help you get rid of QuickBooks Error Code 6000 83. One can come across this error while performing other tasks too and are mentioned under.
- QuickBooks encountered error 6000, 83 attempting to the backup company file.
- QuickBooks encountered error 6000, 83 attempting to restore company file.
- QuickBooks encountered error 6000, 83 attempting to open the company file.
The reason to let you know the other occurrences of QuickBooks encounter Error 6000, 83 because of the same way to resolve. Regardless of where that occurs, the methods and steps to resolve QuickBooks Error Code 6000, 83 remains the same. You must be having either of the two messages on your computer screen.
- An error occurred when QuickBooks tried to access the company file. Please try again. If the problem persists, contact Intuit Technical Support and provide them with the following error codes: (-6000, -83). OR
- You do not have sufficient permissions to the specified folder. To use QuickBooks in a multi-user environment, you must have read/write access and create/delete rights to the folder where the company file is stored causing Error Code 6000, 83.
Please also take a look at the causes in order to minimize the time and effort to resolve QuickBooks Error 6000, 83
Causes of QuickBooks Error Code 6000, 83
- Missing QuickBooks Installation files.
- Insufficient file and folder permissions.
- Signed in as Windows Guest User.
- QuickBooks being blocked by a security software of a firewall.
- The company file or the folder might have been damaged.
- Company File hosting is active on more than one computers sharing the file.
- Windows regional and language preferences are set other than English.
- Using a non-Canadian or non-U.S version of QuickBooks.
Hoping this information would have roused clarity to a roadmap to troubleshoot QuickBooks Error code 6000, 83 on your own. Also please click on the article link for the detailed steps and information to fix QuickBooks Error Code 6000 83. You can also call our QuickBooks Support Number to get the error resolved straightaway.
For Support: Call @ 877-263-2742