QuickBooks is huge accounting software which helps you manage your business and finances. Bugs and errors can occur anytime which is time-consuming and hampers your productivity. QuickBooks Error 6000 83 is one of them, it occurs when you try to access, restore or backup the company file.
In this blog, we are going to discuss the symptoms and causes of Error 6000 83 and various solutions to fix the error quickly.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 6000 83
Listed below are several causes that can lead to QB Error Code 6000 83:
- Damaged company file or folder.
- Firewall or browser has blocked QuickBooks files.
- The file extension is incorrect.
- Incomplete QuickBooks installation.
- Multiple workstations trying to host the company file.
- The server has limited access to the company file.
- The current user doesn’t have permission to access the file.
- Any security software is blocking access to QBDataServiceUser.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 6000 83
There are many causes which will help you to know the occurrence of the error 6000 83
- QuickBooks Error 83 appears on the screen and crashes the program window.
- The message “QuickBooks Error Code 6000 83” displays on the screen.
- Windows run slowly and respond slowly to the mouse or keyboard.
- Computer freezes periodically.
Also Read: How to fix script error when accessing QuickBooks?
GET INSTANT RESOLUTION
Get our expert Quickbooks ProAdvisor on call to resolve your query in no-time.
Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Error 6000 83
Different operations on company file cause and different operations call for different solutions. The operations are when the user is trying to open the company file; when the user is trying to restore the company file and when the user is trying to create a backup.
User Attempts to Open the Company File
Fix the QuickBooks 6000 83 Manually
- To begin with, Configure the Firewall or security software settings in favor of QuickBooks.
- Then, you have to verify that the permissions to access the company file are available.
- Scan the folder where your company file has been stored so that you can create the Network Descriptor file.
- Stop the Multi-user access for hosting the company file.
- Try opening your company file from a location other than the original one. You can do this by copying the file to another location and opening it. If this is successful, you can simply copy it back to its original location.
Use QuickBooks File Doctor
- QuickBooks File Doctor Software can help you fix QuickBooks Error Code 6000 83. Depending on the size of your company file, the process may take a little while.
Turn off Hosting on all Computers that Try to Access the Company File over the Network
- Firstly, you need to turn off hosting in all the computers. It should be turned on in the PFC with the main server.
- If this message still appears “Host multiple user access” it means your PC is not hosting your QuickBooks file.
- Afterwards, you need to click yes if the message appears “Stop hosting multiple user access”.
- Next, you need to click yes for “company file must be closed” and continue.
- Now follow the steps on another computer.
User Attempts to Restore the Company File
Verify that the File Name and the File Path are Not Causing QuickBooks Error 6000 83
QuickBooks considers the entire File name and path when the backup is being taken back. Furthermore, make sure that there are no special characters in the file name and the file path.
- Acceptable – C: \Users\Alex\My Documents\QuickBooks Data\Alex123.qbw
- Not acceptable – C: \Users\Alex\Alex’s Documents\QuickBooks Data\Alex$.qbw
Here Alex’s and Alex$ should be renamed since they contain special characters.
Change the Extension of the Company File
The extension of the company file should always be .qbw while restoring a backup file. In case the file is named with any other extension, the company file should be renamed with the extension .qbw only.
User Attempts to Create a Backup of the Company File
You may follow these steps in order to resolve QuickBooks Error Code 6000 83:
- First of all, create a new file folder in drive C.
- Now, create a manual backup and save it in the new file folder in drive C.
If you are still unable to resolve QuickBooks Error 6000 83, then immediately contact the QuickBooks Technical hone Number.
Searches related to QuickBooks error 6000 83