How do I get rid of QuickBooks error 6147?
Last week my system crashed and I lost all my important data that was saved in the computer. Consequently, yesterday I purchased a new computer and the new QuickBooks Pro 2019 and installed it on my own. I also activated the software but when I tried to open my data file, I received the ‘QuickBooks error 6147’ message. I don’t know anything about this error. Can anybody help me resolve the QuickBooks error 6147?
Hi, thank you for reaching out to us regarding this issue. QuickBooks experiences this kind of problems when the system crashes. QuickBooks error 6147 affects your system when the .QBW file is corrupted. This is another error from the series of error -6000. Now, before we go through the steps of resolution, we must first understand what causes this error to occur and what are its symptoms.
Mentioned below are some reasons which contribute to the occurrence of QuickBooks error 6147:
- You restored the backup company file from a network location or external drive.
- Your “. ND or. TLG” files are damaged or not compatible with the software.
- QuickBooks data file “. QBW” might be corrupted.
- You might not have been granted permission to gain access to the folder where your QuickBooks data files have been placed.
- Your Map drive which might not be opening or it does not sync with the mother drive.
- QuickBooks software that you’re operating in is not updated to the latest release.
The following are the symptoms of QuickBooks Error 6147:
- You will be unable to open your company file when your system gets affected by QuickBooks error 6147.
- You will unable to restore your back up file because of this error.
Now, to know the steps of resolving this error, you will need to read the following article ad follow the procedure accordingly: How to resolve QuickBooks Error 6147?
The steps provided in the article will help you get rid of QuickBooks error 6147. In case the issue is still bothering you then please contact the QuickBooks support 1-877-263-2742