What is a QuickBooks conversion tool and how can I use it?
I have heard a lot about QuickBooks and most of my friends always appreciate the functions of this software. Moreover, my bookkeeper uses the same. So, I have decided to use it but I am unsure about how I am going to convert my Quicken data to QuickBooks. This is the same reason why I have not purchased the QuickBooks Desktop version yet. I am very active online, so I was searching for a tool that could help me with this conversion. I searched QuickBooks conversion Tool in google and found no relevant information. I want to know if there is an application that helps with such conversion that doesn’t affect any of my important data?
Yes, there is an official tool that will help in converting your accounting software file data to QuickBooks Desktop. This tool is called the QuickBooks Conversion Tool and it is very easy to use as well. However, I need to inform you about the key features, so that you can utilize it in your benefit. Below are some of the point you should keep in mind before using this conversion tool:
- It requires Windows 10, Windows 8.1, 8 or Windows 7.
- It requires a minimum of 500 MHz of Intel Pentium II.
- It also requires a minimum of 512 MB RAM to run smoothly.
- Your computer should have 2.5 GB of free space and Microsoft .Net Framework installed.
- You don’t have to worry about losing the data in conversion because it is a safe tool and it creates a log for every type of conversion it does. So, you can check the log file is the case you have a doubt.
For information regarding the steps to utilize it, please visit the following article: Use QuickBooks Conversion tool to Convert QuickBooks Company Files.
If you need any help regarding installation and conversion through this tool you may contact an Expert ProAdvisor on 1-877-263-2742.
You can easily convert from Quicken to QuickBooks without any loss of your Quicken data. Intuit offers a conversion tool called Quicken Converter which will help you convert your data to QuickBooks.
Here is how you can use this tool.
- Download Quicken Converter from Intuit’s website.
- Open the file and click ‘Next’.
- Tap on ‘I accept the terms in the license agreement’ and hit ‘Next’.
- To begin the installation process, select ‘Next’ and then ‘Install’.
- Click on Launch Quicken Converter then Finish.
- Select ‘I am transferring data from Quicken for Windows’ and hit ‘Get started’.
- Open the File menu and select the Quicken file.
- Hit Ok.
- Tap on Convert it and choose OK.
- Save the file and hit Exit.
To use this tool and convert your files, you have to make sure that the version that you are converting into must be newer than the Quicken version you have been using. For Example, you cannot convert from Quicken 2012 to QuickBooks 2010.