Quicken print checks feature allows you to write and print checks, avoiding critical errors. Apart from minimizing the risk of mistakes, it saves a lot of time and efforts as you can keep a record of it.
In this article, we will describe how to print checks in Quicken and how to resolve the Quicken print check problem.
Steps to Print Checks in Quicken for Windows
Enter the transaction
- First of all, press Ctrl + W together from your keyboard.
- If you hold more than two check accounts then select the account name located at the top of Write Check area.
- Now, you have to enter the Payee Name at the Pay to the Order of line.
- After that, enter the amount on $ line.
- It is optional to enter an address in the Address box.
- Click on the split button and choose the category for this expense.
- You can enter Additional Information in the Memo field.
- Enter confidential information (account number) in the Message field. If the Message area is unavailable:
- Go to Edit menu, select Preferences and click on Write Checks.
- Choose the Allow Entry of Extra Message on Check option and click Ok.
- Click on Record Check for saving the check.
- Firstly, go to Write Checks window and click on Print.
- Put the checks in your printer.
- See the First Check Number box, make sure that the number matches with the first check number.
- If you want to multiple checks, select the ones you want to print by utilizing any of these options:
- All Checks: You can print all unprinted checks and postdated checks.
- Checks Dated Through: Allows you to print all the checks till a particular date. Although, there is a set default date you change it manually.
- Selected Checks: Enables you to choose the individual for which you want to print the checks. Click on Choose and select the appropriate checks and click on Done.
- Make sure that Check Style is correct:
- Standard Checks: The measurement of the standard check is 8 1/2 x 3 1/2 inches. Consists of 3 checks per page.
- Voucher: It has a check along with 2 vouchers for sheet-fed printers and checks with one voucher for continuous-feed printers.
- Wallet: They measure 6 x 2 5/6 inches with a check stub on both sides.
- If you feel the necessity to change your printing options:
- Checks on First Page: Choose this option only if you print the partial page of standard or wallet checks on your page-oriented printer.
- Print Your Logo: Use this option if you created a logo to print the checks.
- Additional copies: You can print up to 3 additional copies in case of printing voucher checks.
- Now, click Ok to start printing checks.
- You can also select Print First in order to print only the first check.
- Click Ok in Did Checks Print OK? If the product is not printed properly then you need to enter the check number (for which the print is not proper) and click Ok.
How to Adjust Quicken Print Check Alignment?
- Choose file and click on Check Print.
- Now navigate to print check window and choose the check you wish to print.
- Click on Print and Adjust Alignment.
- Now, put the sheet in your printer.
- Next, click on Print for printing the alignment guide.
- If you want to adjust the alignment then drag the text in the preview area of printer dialog.
- Now, print an adjusted alignment guide by click on the print option.
- Lastly, clear the alignment checkbox and print your checks again.
Troubleshoot Quicken Print Check Problems
- The first step is to open an account register and find the transaction to be printed.
- Check that Print word appears in the Num field.
- If the word doesn’t appear then go to Num list and choose Print Check.
- Hit Enter to save the transaction.
- Shut down and Restart Quicken if the problem still exists.
- Now, open the account register having the check you want to print.
- Select the File menu and click on Print Checks.
We have illustrated all the steps and solutions, if you still face any difficulty then don’t hesitate to call us at our Quicken Support Phone Number. Our team of experts will provide instant help and resolve all your issue.