QuickBooks is an efficient software with an easy-to-use interface, but bugs and errors can occur anytime. These errors can be time-consuming and affect your business productivity. QuickBooks Error 1311 is on the most common errors that occur when users try to export a report from Financial Statement Designer to Microsoft Office Excel.
Another scenario when QuickBooks Error 1311 can occur is when you are installing or updating QuickBooks desktop and there is an issue with the CD drive or the disk.
In this blog, we will discuss QuickBooks Error 1311, its causes and different methods to resolve which can help you resolve the issue quickly.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 1311
Two of the causes which can lead to Error Code 1311 are mentioned below:
- The Microsoft Office version is incompatible with QuickBooks.
- The Microsoft Office installation is damaged.
Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Error 1311
There are various methods to resolve Error 1311 QuickBooks easily, some of them are listed below:
Solution 1: Use QuickBooks CD
- Insert QuickBooks CD in CD-ROM drive.
- Right-click on Windows Start button and select Explore.
- Now create a new folder to copy the installation files.
- Navigate to QuickBooks CD-ROM. Right-click on CD-ROM and select Explore.
- Browse QuickBooks and Third-party folders, copy them and paste it in the new folder you created.
Solution 2: Restricting CD-ROM access
- Firstly, go to Start >> Settings >> Control Panel.
- Now select Administrative Tools.
- Click on Local Security Policy and Expand the Local Policies folder.
- Select one of the security options depending on the Windows version.
- Change your selection to Disabled and Reboot your system.
Solution 3: Use Photoshop Elements Disc
- Insert the Photoshop Elements install disc into the DVD/CD-ROM drive.
- Open My Computer and right-click on Photoshop Elements disc.
- Create a folder on the desktop and Copy the Adobe Photoshop Elements folder in it.
- When copying has done then eject the disc.
- Open the Adobe Photoshop Elements and double-click on Setup.exe to start the installation.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation.
GET INSTANT RESOLUTION
Get our expert Quickbooks ProAdvisor on call to resolve your query in no-time.
Solution 4: Scanning and Installation
- Go to Start and click on All Programs.
- Right-click on Command and select Run As Administrator.
- In the Command Prompt window, type SFC/SCANNOW and press Enter.
- Once the scan completes, type msiexec /unregin in the Command Prompt window and click Enter.
- Now type msiexec /regserver in the Command Prompt window and press Enter.
- Lastly, proceed with Creative Suite product installation.
Solution 5: Reinstall CS4 Application
If you have Windows XP, Go to Start and click on Run.
- In the Open box, type msiexec /unreg and click on Enter.
If you have Windows Vista, select All Programs, go to Accessories and choose Run.
- In the Open box, type msiexec /regserver and press Enter.
In the end reinstall CS4 application.
Solution 6: Verify Microsoft Office Compatibility
In order to use Financial statement designer, the Microsoft Office needs to modifies. This is how reports can be directly exported from QuickBooks to Office.
- Navigate to Control panel and double-click on Add or Remove Programs.
- Select Microsoft Office to do the changes.
- The versions need to be modified to Microsoft 2000 or later.
If you face any difficulty while following any method or understanding any procedure to resolve error 1311 QuickBooks, get in touch with our experts. Call us on our QuickBooks Error Support Number.