QuickBooks is an efficient accounting software used by various sized businesses. Just like any other software, users might face bugs and errors while using QB. QuickBooks Error 61 is one of them which occurs while printing, downloading, refreshing, adjusting, opening an account, erasing, expelling, uninstalling, sending out on Windows 7, 8, 8.1 or 10. All these issues arise due to corruption or malfunctioning of hardware.
In this blog, we will discuss QuickBooks Error 61, what are the causes and solutions to fix the error seamlessly.
Why Does QuickBooks Error Code 61 Occur?
There are various reasons behind QuickBooks Error 61. We have discussed few reasons as follow:
- .QBW file has been damaged.
- Many times .TLG or .ND file gets corrupted.
- Virus, malware or spyware attack can cause QuickBooks Error code 61.
- Error 61 may also occur if your bank provides you with another credit card or account number.
- Deleting important framework or registry page.
GET INSTANT RESOLUTION
Get our expert Quickbooks ProAdvisor on call to resolve your query in no-time.
How to Resolve QuickBooks Error 61?
You can resolve QuickBooks error 61 by following different methods listed below:
- Go to File, select Utilities and click on Rebuild Data.
- Backup your company file message will appear, click Ok.
- Wait for a while if the message ‘QuickBooks is not responding’ is still being displayed.
- Click on Ok after receiving the message “Rebuild has completed”.
- Re-sort Chart of the Account list.
- Go to QuickBooks Desktop menu bar> Lists> Chart of Accounts.
- Click on View and select Re-sort List.
- Now you have to verify the company file again.
- Continue to the next step if the QB error 61 continues.
- Make a new account and merge it with the damaged account.
- Try to open the file and check if the issue is resolved.
- Firstly, launch the latest version of QuickBooks Desktop.
- Go to File a Select and click on Open or Restore Company.
- Select ‘Open Company File’ and click Next.
- Search for the data file and click Open.
- When dialogue box with ‘Move the file’ message appears, do as instructed.
- Take the information shown in ‘Update Company File for New Version’.
- Click on ‘Update Now’ and follow the instructions.
- A message ‘You are about to open a company file using a newer version of QuickBooks… Do you want to continue?’ will appear. Click Yes.
- Copy the backup you created and search for .qbw files.
- Once you locate the file, check on the payroll service and select the Account Info/Process.
- You need to Download Reimage Repair Tool.
- Click Yes to start the installation process.
- Reimage will clean your PC to figure out the condition of the system and its programs.
- Reimage will show the damages and recommended repairs after cleaning.
- Click on Start Repair.
- Restart the PC and open QuickBooks to check whether the issue has been resolved.
The above solutions will help you fix the QuickBooks Error 61 instantly. If you face any problem at any step, get help from our experts. Call us on our QuickBooks Error Support Phone Number.