QuickBooks has numerous mistakes. One of the fundamental blunders is when QuickBooks has stopped working out of the blue for an assortment of specialized reasons. Many were identified with issues on the PC itself, that can be caused to some extent by its framework.
Hence, a few clients may encounter QuickBooks won’t open while completing a specific assignment. So, it is generally prescribed to remain fully informed regarding the most recent version of QuickBooks not to let “QuickBooks stopped working” issue.
In this article, we will illustrate the causes and symptoms of “QuickBooks is not responding” issue. Further, we have simplified different solutions to fix the error easily.
Causes of “QuickBooks has stopped working” error
- The given company name is too big so the QuickBooks is not responding it and hence QuickBooks has stopped working.
- Corrupted or disintegrated QBWUSER.INI file.
- When the hard drive is damaged.
- The program’s files are corrupted.
- When QuickBooks Desktop stops functioning properly.
- When you have a damaged Windows operating system.
Symptoms of “QuickBooks stopped working”
If you see the following symptoms on your software after the crash then make sure to immediately resolve it, as your PC might be at risk.
- System shuts down
- QuickBooks stops working
- Device freezes and doesn’t respond to input commands
- QuickBooks does not open
Methods to Fix “QuickBooks has stopped working” problem
1. Use of QuickBooks system repair tool
- Download QuickBooks repair tool
- Save the file in a local folder in the desktop
- Shut down all the existing open program and install this tool
- It will take approximately 20 mins to run a scan in the whole device
- After the tool has repaired the program, restart the console.
2. Restart the device and turn off the anti-virus program for a short period of time.
- Restart the device
- If the error still exists, turn off the anti-virus program.
- Contact the IT department and know the procedure of how to temporarily turn off the anti-virus.
3. Assign a different name of the INI file.
- Renaming the QBWUSER.INI record deletes the rundown of your beforehand opened organization documents so you should physically re-open your organization file(s)
- Alter the name of the Entitlement DataStore.ecml file.
- If by following the above steps the program starts again, try opening a test company file.
4. Another method is re-installation using the clean install
A user can re-installation using QuickBooks clean install and resolve QuickBooks stopped working windows 10 problem.
GET INSTANT RESOLUTION Get our expert Quickbooks ProAdvisor on call to resolve your query in no-time.
GET INSTANT RESOLUTION
Get our expert Quickbooks ProAdvisor on call to resolve your query in no-time.
5. Access the file from a new folder location
- First of all, press Windows + E together from the keyboard.
- A new Window will open.
- Now, find the data file with .qbw extension.
- Once you find the file, right-click on it and choose Copy.
- Go to C: Drive and create a new folder.
- Name that folder as QBTEST.
- Open the QBTEST folder and paste the file in it.
- Open QuickBooks by holding CTRL key.
- Choose Open or Restore an Existing Company.
- Finally, open the QBTEST folder and see if “QuickBooks is not responding”.
A framework issue could be behind why QuickBooks is not responding.
On the off chance that the organization document opens effectively, at that point there might be some file/authorization damage in your file position and Intuit suggests it be repaired by a qualified IT expert or you can physically check organizer consents by following the means in the setup folder consents to share organization records article. Every one of these issues can be settled if the program is the upgraded version and all the time each and every data is being stored for further use. You can solve QuickBooks is not responding problem with the above-mentioned steps.
The above steps are very user-friendly as QuickBooks comes with built-in error rectification software. If you still facing “QuickBooks has stopped working” Error, always contact at QuickBooks Error Support Phone Number which is available anytime.