QuickBooks normally works great, day-in and day-out helping businesses to organize their financial data for optimal business operations and reporting. But internal or external technical snags lead to QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error which can’t be denied.
What Causes QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error?
Initially, QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error Code is caused by network problems, Corrupt QuickBooks components, “data integrity issues with the company file”. These problems are the possible outcome of power outages, network blips while you are logged in the QuickBooks Company file. The root of the QuickBooks unrecoverable error is led by a blend of local issues and are meant to be verified and tackled by an “IT Administrator” or a Certified QuickBooks Technician.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error
- QuickBooks Crashes as soon as you open it or while doing a particular task.
- The update doesn’t start or takes forever. Consequently, leaving them incomplete.
- QuickBooks Freezes and letting to close the active windows or the main program Window.
- “Not able to save transactions in QuickBooks company file” OR “not able to find the saved transactions in the QuickBooks Company file
Also Read: How to use QuickBooks Condense Repair Tool?
How to Fix QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error?
You can try some of the common steps to resolve Unrecoverable error cited under:
Solution I: Prevent QuickBooks from opening all the windows and open in Safe Mode
- Press Alt+Ctrl+Del from your keyboard and go to the task manager.
- Under Processes Tab close all the QuickBooks processes.
- To “Start QuickBooks in Safe Mode” press and hold the Ctrl (Control Key) and then double click the Program Icon
- Don’t leave Control Key (Ctrl) till the time QuickBooks application launches and you see the “No Company File Open Screen”. Release the key of the QuickBooks open fine. The close and open application normally 2-3 times to ensure the problem is fixed before you attempt to open the company file.
- If the application closes and opens fine, then try to open your company file by pressing and holding the Alternate Key (Alt key) till the time the file opens. Close the and open the file 2-3 time too to check if it is fixed.
Solution II: Repeat the steps 1 to 4 as prescribed in Solution-I and try Opening the Sample File
- Once the QuickBooks application opens fine and you are on the “No Company File Open Screen”
- Open the Sample file if you see that in the file list.
- Browse to the default file location C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks\Company Files and open the Sample file and see if that works fine and then open your main Company file.
Solution III: Reboot your QuickBooks program
- Locate the reboot.bat file under C:\Program Files (x86) \Intuit\QuickBooks xxx Ver 00.0 (xxx denotes your QuickBooks Version & 00.0 denotes the current version of your QuickBooks).
- Right Click on Reboot.bat file and run as administrator (This process re-registers the .dll and .ocx files in Microsoft Windows related to QuickBooks.
- Try opening your program to check if that resolved your problem else try rebooting your computer and try again.
Solution IV: Figure out Missing or damaged Components and repair with “QuickBooks Component Repair Tool”
- Download the and install the QuickBooks Component Repair Tool
- Run the tool and follow the wizard instructions till the end.
- Update Windows and Reboot the computer.
- Try Opening the program to check if that works fine.
Solution V: Refresh the QuickBooks installation folder “Use QuickBooks Clean Install Tool”
- Close QuickBooks and all its related processes from Task Manager as suggested earlier.
- Download and run the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool to refresh the QuickBooks folders.
- Please have your “QuickBooks License Number and Product Code Information Handy” before the next step.
- Go to Control Panel and select QuickBooks from the installed programs list.
- Select Uninstall / Change from the top and follow the uninstall instructions till the end.
- Update your windows and restart your computer.
- Download your QuickBooks from https://downloads.quickbooks.com/app/qbdt/products and select the correct values from the dropdown menus on the page.
- Run the setup and follow the installation wizard till the end and check if you QuickBooks works now.
Solution VI: Re-register QuickBooks files
- First of all, you need to shut down QuickBooks.
- Now, go to Start menu > Run and type bat to re-register.
- Finally, restart your PC and then open QuickBooks again.
These solutions for QuickBooks unrecoverable error code are verified. If you are still facing the same critical issue, you can contact at QuickBooks Support Number for coming up with a more appropriate technical solution by Certified QB ProAdvisor Support team.