How to Fix QuickBooks Error 176109? – Invalid Product Number?
While using QuickBooks, User may encounter a few software issues. This article will discuss one such error code i.e. QuickBooks Error 176109.
What is Quickbooks Error 176109?
QuickBooks Point of Sale invalid product number also referred to as QuickBooks Error 176109 is related to invalid product code or number code. This error message says that the key authentication files are basically corrupted or missing. The error arises when you try to open QuickBooks Point of Sale. QuickBooks needs enough permission to read and write the files without any interruption. If it doesn’t get administrative level permission, then QuickBooks pos invalid product number is likely to appear.
Why QuickBooks Error 176109 occurs?
The reasons for the occurrence of the QuickBooks Invalid Product Number Error code 176109 are as follows:
- When the contents of the Point of Sale Entitlement folder are missing or damaged.
- The product code or product number is used to install the QuickBooks Point of Sale to QuickBooks Desktop. If this code used is incorrect then QuickBooks Error 176109 error will appear.
- When the user doesn’t have administrative level permission to access the files.
Also Read: Complete Guide to QuickBooks Closing Entry [xyz-ihs snippet=”consult-button”]
Solutions to Fix Quickbooks POS Invalid Product Number Error 176109
Here are a few solutions to troubleshoot the QuickBooks POS invalid product number error 176109:
Solution 1: Delete the contents of the entitlement client folder
- Using windows explorer, follow the pathway C:\Program Data\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8.
- Press Ctrl + A to select all the files.
- Then click on Delete.
- Click on Yes to confirm the action.
- Now open the QuickBooks Point of Sale and re-register the application.
Solution 2: Renaming the WS Activity file
- Using windows explorer, follow the pathway C:\Program Data\Intuit\QuickBooks Point of Sale XX\Ini.
- Right, click on WS Activity.
- Select Rename.
- Enter OLD WS Activity and click anywhere to Save.
- Now close the windows.
- Delete the entitlement folder.
- Now relaunch the QuickBooks Point of Sale.
Solution 3: Perform a clean install of QuickBooks Point of Sale
If the above solutions do not solve the problem, perform a re-install of the QuickBooks Point of Sale. Before performing the clean install make sure to create a backup of the files. Here are the steps to re-install the QuickBooks Point of Sale:
Step 1: Uninstall QuickBooks Point of Sale
- Go to the control panel.
- Click on Program and Features.
- In the list of Programs, select QuickBooks Point of Sale.
- Then click on uninstall.
- Follow the prompts to complete the process.
Step 2: Rename all the Point of Sale Folders
- Add OLD at the end of each folder. This prevents QuickBooks from recognizing the folders in order to create a new one.
Step 3: Re-install the Point of Sale
Follow the steps to install the Point of Sale. In case of any confusion contact the QuickBooks Helpline.
Step 4: Restore the company files
- Open QuickBooks Point of Sale, create a new company file. Restore the backup created.
- Open Point of Sale to verify whether the issue is resolved.
- Register QuickBooks Point of Sale again.
Hope these steps would help in resolving the issue “QuickBooks Error 176109“. If experiencing the same issue again, immediately get in touch with the QuickBooks Error Support Number.