Quicken duplicate transactions is one of the most common issues faced by users nowadays. It is mainly caused when the merchant accidentally charges multiple times for a single purchase. Therefore, it is important to resolve such an issue immediately.
Before starting with troubleshooting methods, it is important to know the reasons behind “duplicate transactions in quicken”. It will help you analyze and fix the issue effectively.
What Causes Duplicate Transactions in Quicken?
- The problem occurs if your Quicken account is deactivated and reactivated.
- Duplicate transactions in Quicken can happen if your bank made some changes in Financial Institution Transaction ID(FITID), especially in a Direct Connect account.
Account Reactivation leads to Duplicate Transactions in Quicken
Whenever you reactivate your Quicken account, you will be prompted Add, Ignore or Link the accounts. If you select Add option rather than Link then you will end up having duplicate accounts.
In order to fix this, you will have to deactivate the duplicate account and then delete it.
Ways to Fix Duplicate Transactions in Quicken
Quicken for Windows
- First of all, open Quicken.
- Now, click on Register Column at the top right corner of the account.
- Checkmark the Download ID and then click on Done.
Note:If you want to use Two-Line Display, then choose Download Id and Download Reference.
- Lastly, check the Download ID as this is unique in every case. It basically helps Quicken to identify the downloaded and not downloaded transactions.
Follow these steps to deactivate the account:
- Firstly, go to Tools and select Account List (Ctrl+A).
- After that, click on Edit for the account you wish to deactivate.
- Now, go to Online Services tab, then click on Deactivate and click on Yes to confirm.
To reactive the account, follow these steps:
- You have to click on Tools and then select Account List.
- Next, click on Edit and choose the Online Services tab.
- Finally, click on Set Up Now to finish the procedure.
Important: While reactivating the account, Quicken will fetch your bank account info. Ensure that you Link your account rather than Adding it.
If you see downloaded transactions multiple times in the register
- The first step is, go to Account Register.
- After that check for duplicate transactions and delete them manually.
- Now, press Ctrl+2 together to delete them.
- Press Ctrl+2 again for setting it back to Two-line display.
Quicken for Mac
- First of all, reactivate your account after deactivating it.
- Next, you have to click on Link and then click on Next.
- If you find any duplicate transactions, then delete them manually.
- There can be a possibility that your bank has changed the FITID and it leads to duplicate transactions in Quicken.
- You need to update the FITID and check back in your registration if the duplicate transactions are present.
How can you Delete Multiple Duplicate Transactions?
- Firstly, you have to create a backup file of your data.
- Choose the account which is having issues, this will give you a view of Register.
- Now, click on the first duplicate transaction.
- Hold the Ctrl key and click the duplicate transactions simultaneously.
- After selecting all the duplicate transactions, you have to right-click and choose Delete.
The above methods will help you remove Quicken duplicate transactions. If the problem still persists or you need any technical help. Call us at our toll-free Quicken Support Phone Number for instant assistance.