QuickBooks is the perfect accounting software used in the US and Canada. Intuit is the parent company and they have introduced QuickBooks to make accountancy easy, fast and error-free. It is made-up of new-advanced tools and features for tackling day-to-day accounting issues. It helps to manage all track inventory which contains completed information in the form of statements.
QuickBooks Scan Manager helps in smoothing the day to day work like attaching files to your invoices, sales receipt, bills, and different transactions. It also helps to automatically import and categorizes transactions.
Advantages of using QuickBooks Scan Manager
- You can easily attach files to your invoice, sales receipt, bills and other transactions via QuickBooks Scan Manager.
- It doesn’t need you to be an expert in accounting.
- You can connect it to your bank accounts to automatically import and categorize transactions.
- In this, the balance sheets get automatically updated and the invoice, packing slip, and other documents are created which saves a lot of time.
- QuickBooks scanner is endowed with the warehouse manager and his team of warehouse workers that can get more work done in a small interval of time than they could get done manually.
Setting up QuickBooks Scan Manager
Step 1: Create your scan profile
- From the icon bar, click Docs to open the Doc center.
- Click scan a Document.
- After this, choose the appropriate scan profile otherwise click new to set up a new profile.
- Now, edit the name of your profile, and then click continue.
- Adjust the profile settings as appropriate then select save.
Step 2: Setup and Test your scanner
- Highlight your profile and then click select.
- In the select scanner window, click the scanner setup wizard.
- Select the appropriate mode. (typically, it will be Normal mode)
- Check the perform tests box, then click next.
- Select the tests you want to run, then select next twice to start testing your scanner.
- You should see the test page that you scanned. Tick on the repeat this test to check all modes box, and then click Next to continue testing in other available modes.
You May Read Also: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 15106?
Troubleshoot Scan manager issues
QuickBooks Scan Manager not working:
When your QuickBooks Scan Manager not working, it is probably caused by one of these issues mentioned below.
- Check are you using a TWAIN-compliant scanner
- Ensure that you use a scanner outside of QuickBooks
GET INSTANT RESOLUTION
Get our expert Quickbooks ProAdvisor on call to resolve your query in no-time.
If you receive Error 281,1:
- Delete your scan profile and create a new one.
- Change user account settings in the window.
- Repair QuickBooks and try scanning again.
- Reinstall using a clean install, set up a QB manager and try again.
According to the New Oxford American Dictionary (NOAD) billing and invoicing is same or rather you can say a bill and an invoice is the same.
Scan bills/invoice using QuickBooks Scan Manager:
The best way to speed your entry is to connect Scan2Voice and QuickBooks Online.
- SCAN: Press the scan button in Scan2Voice. The program will scan the invoice. It then converts the scanned image into a pdf file and displays the new file.
- EXTRACT DATA: It extracts the data and then allows it to review. This method is fast and easy.
- UPLOAD: Press the upload button. Scan2Invoice will create an invoice and attach the scanned pdf document to the QB online invoice.
It has not only helped in accounting but by introducing QuickBooks community you can also look for advice from other business owners.