Intuit’s QuickBooks Workforce service streamlines the online sharing of paycheck information between employers and their employees. Activating QB Workforce gives employees the autonomy to access and review their W-2 forms and pay stubs according to their preferences.
Within this article, we will explore the nuances of the Workforce online portal and the Workforce mobile app. We will also provide a clear, step-by-step guide for a speedy setup, enabling both you and your employees to quickly utilize QuickBooks Workforce. Additionally, we will address the most frequently asked questions about its utilization.
What is QuickBooks Workforce?
QuickBooks Workforce is a feature offered by Intuit’s QB accounting software that allows employers to provide online access to their employees’ pay stubs and W-2 forms. It simplifies the process of sharing important payroll information with employees securely and conveniently.
Here’s a concise explanation of QB Workforce:
QB Workforce Allows Employers To:
1. Share Pay Stubs: Employers can securely share pay stubs with their employees online. Employees can access their pay stubs for each pay period, which typically include details about earnings, deductions, taxes, and net pay.
2. Access W-2 Forms: Employees can also access their W-2 forms through QuickBooks Workforce. This feature is especially useful during tax season when employees need their W-2s for tax filing.
3. Online Convenience: Employees can log in to the QuickBooks Workforce portal or use the mobile app to access their financial documents at any time, providing them with flexibility and convenience.
4. Security: QuickBooks Workforce is designed with security in mind to protect employees’ sensitive financial information. Users typically have to set up unique usernames and passwords for secure access.
5. Notifications: The system often sends email notifications to employees when new pay stubs or W-2 forms become available, ensuring they stay informed about their financial information.
6. Mobile Access: QuickBooks Workforce is typically accessible through a mobile app, allowing employees to view their pay information on their smartphones or tablets.
What is QuickBooks Workforce Mobile App?
Starting from June 2023, there has been a rebranding of the QuickBooks Time mobile app, which is now known as QuickBooks Workforce. This newly named app integrates pay management and time-tracking functionalities into one unified platform. Employees can utilize the QB Workforce app for various tasks, including clocking in and out, accessing pay stubs, viewing tax documents, checking time sheets, reviewing staffing information, and tracking project progress. On the other hand, employers can conveniently use the app to update their employees, approve time records, monitor project status, and perform other related tasks.
If your business subscribes to both QuickBooks Payroll and Time, your employees will have the convenience of accessing both pay and time tracking features within the QB Workforce mobile app. However, if your business subscribes to only one of these services, you will be limited to either pay management or time tracking features.
It’s important to note that the QuickBooks Workforce online portal does not include any time-tracking capabilities, distinguishing it from the mobile app.
How does the QuickBooks Workforce work?
QuickBooks Workforce is designed to simplify the process of sharing payroll-related information with employees securely and conveniently.
Here’s how QB Workforce typically works:
1. Employer Setup:
- The employer sets up QuickBooks Workforce as part of their QBO Payroll subscription.
2. Employee Setup:
- Employers invite their employees to use QuickBooks Workforce by providing their email addresses.
- Employees receive an email invitation to create an account and access the service.
3. Employee Access:
- Once invited, employees can log in to QuickBooks Workforce through a web browser or It’s mobile app using their credentials (username and password).
- They can access their pay stubs, W-2 forms, and other payroll-related documents online.
4. Viewing Pay Stubs:
- Employees can view and download their pay stubs for each pay period.
- Pay stubs typically include details such as earnings, deductions, taxes, and net pay.
5. Accessing W-2 Forms:
- Employees can access their W-2 forms through QuickBooks Workforce, which is particularly useful during tax season when they need these forms for tax filing.
6. Notifications and Updates:
- Employees may receive email notifications when new pay stubs or W-2 forms are available.
- Employers can also use QuickBooks Workforce to send messages and updates to employees.
7. Mobile Access:
- QuickBooks Workforce often includes a mobile app that allows employees to view their pay information on smartphones or tablets for added convenience.
8. Employee Privacy and Security:
- QuickBooks Workforce is designed with security in mind to protect employees’ sensitive financial information. Users typically set up unique usernames and passwords for secure access.
9. Troubleshooting and Support:
- If employees or employers encounter issues with QuickBooks Workforce, they can usually contact QB support for assistance.
10. Sync with QuickBooks Payroll:
- QuickBooks Workforce typically syncs seamlessly with QB Payroll, ensuring that payroll-related information is consistently updated and accurate.
How to Set up QuickBooks Workforce in QuickBooks Online Payroll
Setting up QB Workforce in QB Online Payroll can be done in three short steps:
1. Activate QuickBooks Workforce:
- Log in to your QuickBooks Online Payroll account.
- Navigate to the “Payroll” tab or section.
- Find and select “Employees” or a similar option.
- Look for “Employee Portal Settings” or a similar option and click on it.
- Follow the prompts to activate QuickBooks Workforce for your employees.
2. Invite Employees:
- After activating QuickBooks Workforce, invite your employees to use the service.
- Provide their email addresses in the designated section.
- Your employees will receive email invitations with instructions on how to create their QuickBooks Workforce accounts.
3. Employee Access:
- Employees follow the instructions in the email invitation to set up their QuickBooks Workforce accounts.
- They can log in to QuickBooks Workforce using their credentials to access their pay stubs, W-2 forms, and other payroll-related documents online.
GET INSTANT RESOLUTION
Get our expert Quickbooks ProAdvisor on call to resolve your query in no-time.
How to Set up QuickBooks Workforce in QuickBooks Desktop
Here are three general steps to set up QB Workforce in QB Desktop:
1. Ensure Compatibility:
- Make sure you are using a compatible version of QB Desktop that supports QB Workforce.
2. Set Up QuickBooks Workforce:
- In QuickBooks Desktop, go to the “Edit” menu and select “Preferences.”
- In the Preferences window, select “Payroll & Employees” or a similar option.
- Check if there is an option to enable QuickBooks Workforce or Employee Portal. If available, enable it.
- Follow any on-screen instructions to complete the setup process.
3. Invite Employees:
- After setting up QuickBooks Workforce in QB Desktop, you’ll need to invite your employees to use the service.
- This often involves providing their email addresses and sending them invitations to create their QuickBooks Workforce accounts.
- Employees will receive emails with instructions on how to set up their accounts and access their pay stubs, W-2 forms, and other payroll-related documents.
In conclusion, QuickBooks Workforce offers numerous benefits, including secure access to pay stubs and W-2 forms, online convenience, mobile accessibility, and robust security measures. With the newly integrated mobile app, QB Workforce provides even greater flexibility for both employers and employees, allowing for tasks like time tracking, project monitoring, and seamless communication. For detailed information and any potential associated fees, it’s recommended to consult our experts at : +1-855-875-1223 (Toll-Free).
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q. What can employees do with QuickBooks Workforce?
Employees can use QuickBooks Workforce to view and download their pay stubs, access W-2 forms, check their earnings, deductions, and taxes, and review time sheets or project details. They can also receive notifications about new pay stubs and important updates.
Q. Is QuickBooks Workforce secure?
Yes, QuickBooks Workforce is designed with security in mind. Employees typically set up unique usernames and passwords for secure access, and the service is hosted on secure servers to protect sensitive financial information.
Q. Is there a mobile app for QuickBooks Workforce?
Yes, there is often a mobile app available for QB Workforce. This app allows employees to access their pay information on their smartphones or tablets, providing greater convenience.
Q. Do I need both QuickBooks Payroll and Time for QuickBooks Workforce to work?
No, you don’t necessarily need both. If your business subscribes to both QB Payroll and Time, employees can access both pay and time tracking features through QuickBooks Workforce. However, if your business uses only one of these services, you’ll have access to either pay management or time tracking features, depending on the service.
Q. Can employers communicate with employees through QuickBooks Workforce?
Yes, employers can often use QuickBooks Workforce to send messages and updates to employees, making it a convenient platform for communication-related to payroll and work-related matters.
Q. Can I access QuickBooks Workforce through a web browser?
Yes, QuickBooks Workforce can usually be accessed through a web browser, allowing both employers and employees to log in and access their accounts online.
Q. Are there any additional fees for using QuickBooks Workforce?**
The availability and pricing of QuickBooks Workforce can vary depending on your QB subscription. Check with QuickBooks or your service provider for details on any associated fees.