QuickBooks Error 1706 occurs in QuickBooks Point of Sale which is a trustworthy Inventory and billing management solution in retail store domain in North America. While there are several benefits of QuickBooks Point of Sale, technical errors also come-up. QuickBooks Error 1706 can occur due to several causes and need immediate remediation Furthermore, POS Error 1706 is termed as an installation error derived from glitches in Operating System, components similar to Error Code 1304 and Error Code 1642 while initializing or installing .net patches compulsory for better functioning of QuickBooks Point of Sale.
What are the Causes of QuickBooks Error 1706?
- QuickBooks Point of Sale Installation might have been done from damaged source (InstallShield or CD) with missing the important components of POS (.ini and .dll files)
- You may have incompatible or Beta version off .NET Framework OR not properly installed or configured.
- Windows files or components necessary for QuickBooks Desktop POS are damaged or missing.
- Over Fragmented QuickBooks POS system files.
- Unnecessary Windows startup applications
- Windows registry errors linked to QuickBooks Point of Sale (POS)
Also Read: Fix QuickBooks Point of Sale Error 176103
GET INSTANT RESOLUTION
Get our expert Quickbooks ProAdvisor on call to resolve your query in no-time.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error 1706?
- Firstly, Download a copy of your QuickBooks POS from the internet or Installation unscratched Disk.
- Run System File Checker Tool (SFC) in administrative mode to repair missing or corrupted system files.
- Run Microsoft Fixit to fix the problems to prevent the program’s issues (i.e. blocking during installation or removal).
- Clear Windows Temp and Prefetch Folders
- Update your QuickBooks POS software and reboot your POS computer.
Once the computer is back up, open the QuickBooks POS and check for the Error. If QuickBooks Errors 1706 Still prevails, contact our QuickBooks POS Customer Support for further help to resolve the issue OR try Method-2 in the order positioned.
Method-2: Reinstall QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale again
Installation Steps for QuickBooks Point of Sale
- Download QuickBooks Point of Sale (Skip this step of your already downloaded it or have the installation CD)
- Double-click the POS executable file.
- Overwrite the existing extracted files if it prompted at the time through the installation process.
- Select all the positive options on the Installation wizard e.g. Yes, Next or OK.
- Type your QuickBooks License Number and Product Number without Spaces and dashes as it not permitted.
- Select the mode in which you are going to install and use QuickBooks Point of Sale.
- Choose Single-user, if you use the QuickBooks POS on a standalone computer.
- Select Multi-user mode in QuickBooks POS for more than two computers. Be watchful about selecting the computer type Server or Workstation on which you installing the POS Software on acting
Note: In case Wrong selection of Workstation Type (Server/Client), then Uninstall and then Re-install again, as you cannot modify the Installation type. Though, you can check by going back and forth to ensure about the selection for QuickBooks POS Installation ( QuickBooks POS Server, or QuickBooks POS server)
- Finally, Restart the Computer after the POS installation to open and activate QuickBooks POS.
QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale (POS) Activation steps?
You require QuickBooks Point of Sale Activation every time you install QuickBooks POS to open or create company files. As soon as you open QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale, you will see an online registration form with boxes, wherein you have to punch in the last 4 digits of the Business phone number that you used while purchasing QuickBooks Point of Sale and zip code of business address and click continue. If you see only the Validation Code appearing during the product registration process signifies that POS did not receive an active internet connection. In this scenario, the Online registration form does not come up and only the validation code came up.
Having trouble registering QuickBooks Point of Sale (POS)?
The information given to verify when you receive prompt should match with the info put in at the time of QuickBooks Point of Sale. Moreover, if the information that doesn’t match is not accepted.
Additionally, if you face any technical issue, an error or a blank screen through the QuickBooks POS Registration Process, try to disable the registration the antivirus or malware protection software temporarily installed on your computer. The antivirus or malware protection software installed on your computer may block the communication from and to your QuickBooks POS workstation.
Hopefully, you are no longer stuck with QuickBooks Error 1706, and your system is functioning efficiently. If you face any issues in the above steps and are stuck at point zero, it is advisable to take technical help at QuickBooks POS Customer Support Number.