Quicken is a personal accounting software that keeps track of your cash inflow and cash outflow, manages your investment, tracks expenses and income. It is specifically designed for individuals, freelancers, and entrepreneurs. Besides, you can manage property-related finances such as, handling taxes, rental tracking investments, generating invoices. If you also want to avail all the exciting functionalities of the software, then you should know how to set up Quicken software.
Before knowing the process of “how to set up Quicken on Mac and Windows”, you first need to understand the system requirements.
Quicken System Requirements
These are the system requirements to set up Quicken on your OS:
- Quicken on the Web
- Your PC and devices should support the latest versions to set up Quicken. It comprises of Microsoft Edge, Safari, Google Chrome, and Firefox.
- You don’t need Internet Explorer.
- Quicken on iPhone iPod touch, or iPad
It requires IOS 9 or higher operating system.
- Android Mobile and Tablet
You will be needing OS 4.4 or the latest one.
Check System Specifications
In case you want to check your system’s specifications, you need to follow the given steps for Windows and Mac:
- First of all, you need to right-click on the start icon.
- Then you need to choose the system option.
- Finally, you can view the system requirements for Windows.
- To start with, you need to click on the Apple icon.
- Now you need to select ‘about this Mac’ option.
- In the end, you can check the system requirements of Mac.
Also Read: How to Activate Quicken for Windows and Mac?
Procedure to Set Up Quicken Software on Windows
To set up Quicken software, you first need to download the software. After that, you need to install and set up the software on your PC. We will provide the steps of setting up both Quicken on Windows.
Here, we are going to discuss the steps to set up Quicken on Windows:
You need to follow the written instructions to set up Quicken on Windows:
- Activate Quicken Software Membership
First of all, you are required to purchase a Quicken subscription from Quicken.com and then, you need to create a Quicken ID. Also, you can use your existing software ID to purchase a software subscription. You will be using software ID for activating Quicken. Then after, you have to sign in to Quicken software by using your Quicken ID.
- Purchase from a Retailer (Not from Quicken.com)- a boxed version or Download
- First of all, you need to go to ‘quicken.com/download’.
- Then, it is required to install Quicken and sign in. You can also create Quicken ID for setting up your profile.
- In case you have Quicken 2018, you can use the same ID to log in.
- In the end, you are supposed to follow the given on-screen instructions to add the 16-digit activation code.
- Set up Quicken Profile
After activating Quicken Membership, you need to update your Quicken profile and click on the continue option.
Initially, you will be selecting the option ‘whether you want to sync’ or ‘not sync Quicken data’ to your mobile device, or to the Quicken web application.
You have to add a file name by selecting use mobile & web options.
In case you are not sure to sync to web or mobile, you need to choose ‘don’t use mobile &web’, and set up mobile & web sync later option.
- Set up Your First Account
You need to follow these steps to set up your first Account:
- Initially, you need to click on the ‘add account’ option.
- After that, you will be adding or selecting the name of your financial institution and on the Next option.
- Then, you have to add your bank sign-in information.
- In case you would like Quicken to remember your login details, then you need to choose the save this password checkbox.
- Now, you need to click on the connect option.
- If required you can add a name for your account. In case there are accounts that you don’t want to add to the software, choose the ‘ignore’ option.
- You need to click on next and then finish option.
- With this, you successfully have added your first Quicken account.
- Set Quicken Preferences
You can customize your Quicken preferences as per your requirements.
- Take a Tour of Quicken software
The software is particularly designed to make your day-to-day financial tasks easy. After logging to the software, you can get familiar with the tools and components of the software.
- Update your Accounts
After the procedure of setting up of an account, you need to keep your transactions up-to-date.
You have to follow the instructions to update your Quicken accounts:
- First of all, click on the update now option.
- Now, the software will download the new transactions and your account balance will be updated.
- Categorize your Transactions
The software will help you in categorizing your transactions to handle your daily spending in a proper manner.
- Setup bills and Income Reminders
The software allows you to set up bills and income reminders so that you never forget to pay bills to your clients.
- You are required to follow these steps to set up bills and income reminders:
- First of all, you need to click on the bills and income tab.
- Then you have to click on the ‘get started’ option.
- Now, you are required to choose ‘online bill’.
- You need to select your biller and add the credentials.
- Finally, after setting up your bill or income reminders you need to choose the option to ‘to show them in your register’.
- Create a Budget
You will be able to manage your finances efficiently by following the process of creating a budget.
Follow the steps to create a budget in Quicken:
- Add a name for your budget and then press ok. With this, your budget will be automatically created by Quicken.
- Now, the budget in your spending section will show you the current status of your finances.
- Finally, for customizing your budget, you need to click the planning tab.
- Use the Home Tab
The tab will help you in tracking your finances anytime from anywhere. The software permits you to customize the default main view and as well as you can add more views into it.
You need to follow the instructions to keep track of your financial activities:
- First of all, you need to click the customize option and add your preferences.
- Then, you need to add your accounts and categorize your transactions.
- Now, you are required to add your bills and budget.
- With this, you will be able to see your financial status on the home tab.
- Use Quicken on Tablet, Phone, or Web
Quicken software on the Quicken mobile app and web will sync with your desktop data and this will help you in keeping a proper track of your money. Along with this, you will also receive notifications and alerts to monitor your spending habits, fees, and account balances.
Set up Quicken on Mac
These steps will help you to set up Quicken on Mac operating system:
- Installing the App
To begin with, you will see the install Quicken screen after inserting CD into the CD drive.
You need to drag the Quicken folder and drop it into application folder.
- Download (DMG File)
Quicken users need to double click on the Quicken icon for installing the application. After the installation process, you need to click the Quicken icon for launching the program. With this, Quicken will automatically download and update to the most recent version of the application.
- Activate Membership
You have to create a Quicken ID in case you want to buy a Quicken subscription from Quicken.com. Then, use existing Quicken ID for purchasing software subscription. You will be using the ID for activating Quicken. After sign in with Quicken ID, the membership will be activated.
Purchase from a Retailer (not from Quicken.com) a boxed version or download.
- First of all, you have to click on download for Mac to begin with the installation process.
- Now, after the installation process gets finished, you have to sign in to set up your profile.
- In the end, you have to follow the on-screen directives to add the 16-digit activation code.
If you are encountering some issues while setting up your software on your PC screen, then you are free to take the support of Quicken professionals.
Process to Use Quicken on Desktop
To begin with, you are required to choose the savings, credit investments, or cash accounts.
After finishing with the process of setting up Quicken on Windows, the process of syncing becomes easy. You will be checking the sync now button option. With this, Quicken desktop data will be visible on all your synced mobile devices and on the web application. Along with this, the receipts or transactions will be visible on your Quicken desktop file.
Process to Use Quicken on the Web
- First of all, you need to go to Quicken.com.
- Then, you need to sign in with Quicken ID.
- Next, you have to download the transactions from your financial institution into your web application.
- You will get the most recent market price for your securities on the Quicken web application.
- In the end, you are free to sync more than one data file on your web application via the same Quicken ID.
- If you want to view all the Quicken files in the desktop Quicken application, then you need to go to edit and then preferences options.
- After that you need to go to cloud accounts and then click on cloud accounts linked with Quicken ID.
Process to Use Quicken on your Mobile Phone
- Initially, from the iTunes or android app stores you need to download the Quicken mobile companion app.
- Now, you will be installing the app on your device.
- Then, you need to sign in with Quicken ID.
- The synced data will be visible on your mobile app.
- You can download the transactions from your financial institution directly on your phone.
- In order to see the Quicken files linked with Quicken ID in your desktop application, you need to go to edit option and then choose preferences.
After this, you have to go to cloud accounts and finally click cloud accounts linked with Quicken ID.
So far, the blog has a complete explanation of what Quicken accounting software is, software system requirements, installation, and setup process. If you are an entrepreneur and want to keep track of your expenses, then you can invest in the particular software. Along with this, you can track your bills with the help of the software. The software will keep your financial records in one place.
If you are want to know more about how to set up Quicken, then dial Toll-free Quicken Support Phone Number.