As Intuit declares, QuickBooks Error 12029 occurs when QuickBooks fails to access the server. It happens due to a timed-out request caused due to internet latency or when QuickBooks blocked by the firewall. Being one of the QuickBooks 12000 series error, the causes of Error Code 12029 are more likely the same and are mention underneath.
External Causes of QuickBooks Error 12029
- Internet Security or the firewall Blocking QuickBooks to access the Server.
- Network Time Out during QuickBooks Payroll Download request.
- Wrong SSL Settings.
- Unsupported Internet Browsers
- Dropped Internet Packets.
The above-stated causes can lead to additional QuickBooks Update Errors too, as cited below.
Internal Causes of QuickBooks Update Error 12029
- QuickBooks connectivity failures
- Connection issues in QuickBooks
- QuickBooks update timeout
- QuickBooks is blocked from accessing the server
This specific error is also termed differently as users search them whenever the encounter QuickBooks 12000 series error. Therefore, you must know the rephrased terminology of this error to avoid confusion about what this QuickBooks 12000 series Error relates to. Take a look at synonymous of Payroll Error 12029
- QuickBooks Desktop update Error 12029
- QuickBooks payroll update error 12029
- QB service messages error 12029
- Payroll Error 12029 QuickBooks
Also Read: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error 12007?
GET INSTANT RESOLUTION
Get our expert Quickbooks ProAdvisor on call to resolve your query in no-time.
Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Update Error 12029
Error Code 12029 happens due to a specific state of affairs and due to the inadequacy of components. Moreover, these components are required to get the QuickBooks Payroll updates done faultlessly without the occurrence of QuickBooks Payroll Errors.
Solution 1: Fix Local Computer and Internet glitches and Fix Internal QuickBooks Desktop Errors
- Try updating your computer system (Windows updates and tweaking)
- Update QuickBooks Desktop to the latest release.
- Check the internet latency to verify if there are any dropped internet packets.
- Upgrade your Internet Explorer to 11.0 and set it as your default browser.
- Correct SSL Settings and TLS 1.2 must be enabled.
- Configure Internet Firewall and Internet Security to allow QuickBooks connections.
- Restart the computer and try updating again.
Solution 2: Reconfigure your QuickBooks Payroll and Reboot the Updates
- Repeat all the steps mentioned in Scenario-2
- Unplug your Wireless router or Internet Switch and wait for 10 seconds.
- Turn on the Wireless router or Internet Switch and check the internet latency now.
- Open QuickBooks and the Company File.
- Press Ctrl+K Key from your keyboard.
- On the Window click on Edit Option followed by
- Uncheck Open Payroll Setup option and Click
The Payroll updates will continue at its own automatically, wait till the process ends.
Solution 3: Update QuickBooks
- First of all, select Help and click on Internet Connection Setup.
- Select the option “Use my computer’s Internet connection settings to establish a connection when this application accesses the Internet”.
- After that, click on Next and then select Done.
- Try updating QB again:
• QuickBooks 2008 and newer versions: Select Help and choose Update QuickBooks. Then, click on the Update Now tab.
• QB 2008 and older versions: Firstly, select File and then click on Update QuickBooks. Click on the Update Now tab.
Don’t be shocked or troubled if you come across some more QuickBooks errors. The causes mentioned earlier in this article also lead to QuickBooks Connection Errors.
List of QuickBooks errors
- QuickBooks Connection Error OL- 249
- QuickBooks error code 1011
- QB error code OLSU-1014
- QuickBooks error code olsu-1016
- Error code ol-206
- ol-203 QuickBooks error
- QuickBooks error ol-205
- ol-206 error QuickBooks
- QuickBooks error code ol-209
- Error ol-221 QuickBooks
- QB error code ol-301
- QuickBooks error ol-332
- QuickBooks error code OL-334
- Error code ol 393
If any of these error occurs alongside Immediately, contact at our QuickBooks Customer Care Number for heuristic diagnostics and QuickBooks Payroll Advance Troubleshooting.