When you run the setup program to install QuickBooks programs on your computer system, you will see QuickBooks Error 1618 on your PC. Also, during the installation or updating of the programs, the two error message becomes visible on the system screen. An error message appears on your screen i.e.
Error: There was a problem installing Microsoft Runtime Library (Error 1618).
Error 1618. “ERROR_INSTALL_ALREADY_RUNNING”
Before implementing the right solutions, you need to get well aware of the signs and causes of the QuickBooks error 1618.
Signs of QuickBooks Error 1618
These are the signs of QuickBooks error 1618:
- The error 1618 message appears on the system window screen.
- The personal computer often gets crash.
- The system occasionally get stops for a few seconds.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 1618
Here, let’s discover the causes of QuickBooks error 1618:
- QuickBooks software installation is corrupted or it’s incomplete.
- Corruption in the Windows registry leads to error 1618.
- QuickBooks-related files or Windows system files are infected because of virus or malware in your system.
- QuickBooks-related program file got deleted.
Solutions to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 1618
Solution 1: Download and install the QuickBooks Tools Hub
The QuickBooks Tools Hub assists you to troubleshoot common errors. You need to close QuickBooks to use the tool hub.
Solution 2 : Manually Troubleshoot the Issue
Under this solution, you need to follow the given following two methods.
Method 1: You need to verify for MSIEXEC.EXE instances in the background
- To begin with, you need to press Ctrl + Alt + Delete keys from your computer system keyboard and then click on Task Manager option.
- Now, you have to open Processes on your PC.
- Then you need to click the Image Name column and then reset the list in alphabetical order.
- Search any processes named MSIEXEC.EXE, choose those processes and click on the End Process button with the help of your keyboard.
- You have to close Task Manager Window and then restart it once more.
If you are confronting the problem in ending the process, then you can reboot the personal computer and execute the above steps to check whether any MSIEXEC.EXE running in the background.
Also Read: Xero vs QuickBooks – A Complete Comparison
to resolve your query in no-time.
Method 2: Reinstall Microsoft Runtime Libraries
These steps will tell you to reinstall Microsoft Libraries on your system:
- In the beginning, you need to download the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package:
- In case your PC is 32 bit, open Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package(x86) and then click on download option.
- If the system comprises 64 bit, you need to open Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package(x64) and click on download.
- Then, you need to save the downloaded package.
- Double-click on the package and rename it as exe or vcredist_X86.exe. With this, follow instructions that are provided onscreen of your system.
- Finally, you need to run quick fix my Program from the QuickBooks Tools Hub.
Once you are done with the steps, restart the computer and then install QuickBooks Desktop on your PC.
Last but not least, hopefully, you have you got a clear understanding of how to fix QuickBooks Error 1618. The blog talks about what error 1618 is by covering the signs, causes, and solutions to troubleshoot it.
After implementing the solutions for QuickBooks Error 1618, if you are still not able to overcome the error, you can dial QuickBooks Error Helpline Number.