QuickBooks is a huge accounting software introduced to manage finances. You may encounter bugs and errors anytime while using QB which consumes a lot of time. QuickBooks Error Code 12 0 is one of them, it occurs when the users don’t have administrative permissions to conduct certain operations.
QB error code (-12 0) usually occurs when system settings are incorrectly configured or there are variations in the Windows registry.
This blog will help you know more about Error Code 12 0, various symptoms, causes and different methods to resolve the issue easily.
QuickBooks Error Code (-12 0) Details
Error Number: Error (-12 0)
Error Name: QuickBooks Error Code (-12 0)
Developer: Intuit Inc.
Applies to: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8
Error Description: QuickBooks has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Causes of QuickBooks Error Code 12 0
- Cluttered Windows registry.
- Improper uninstallation of the software.
- Wrong user input.
- Missing files that are accidentally deleted from the registry.
- Malfunctioning of the system.
- Incorrect entries of non-existent programs.
You May Also Read: How to Read your QuickBooks General ledger?
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error Code (-12 0)
- “Code (-12 0)” appears and crashes the program window.
- A message is displayed: “Error (-12 0): QuickBooks has experienced an issue and needs to close. We are sad about the burden.”
- Windows run sluggishly and reacted slowly to mouse and keyboard.
- Your PC freezes periodically.
Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 12
- Click on the Start button, type System Restore and press Enter.
- In the results, click System Restore.
- Enter the administrator password.
- Follow the steps to select a restore point.
- Restore your system and restart QuickBooks.
- You have to click on the start button and type Command in the search box.
- Press and hold CTRL-Shift key then press Enter.
- You will be prompted with a permission box.
- You need to click on Yes.
- A black box will appear, enter “SFC /scan now” and hit ENTER.
- System File Checker will initiate scanning QB Error code (-12 0) and other issues.
- Proceed further by following the commands on-screen.
GET INSTANT RESOLUTION
Get our expert Quickbooks ProAdvisor on call to resolve your query in no-time.
- Click on Start Button, type Update in the search box
- Now press Enter.
- A Windows Update dialog box will appear.
- If updates are available, click on the Install Updates button.
- Verify QuickBooks version.
- Go to Services.msc and verify if the QBDataserviceuser23.0 is stopped or running.
- Click on Run >> choose Services.msc >> QBDataserviceuser23.
- Right-click on QBDataserviceuser23, go to properties and start the service.
- Try opening the company file again.
- Right-click on Client Data >> Properties >> Security tab.
- Check if the user can access the file or not.
- Give permission, if the user can’t access the folder.
- Finally, retry opening the file.
If you are unable to resolve QuickBooks Error Code 12 0 on your own or face any technical problems, our experts are 24/7 available to guide you. Call us on our QuickBooks Error Tech Support Number.