QuickBooks is an efficient software to track sales, customers, and inventory easily and quickly. Activation of QuickBooks Point of Sale is a pretty simple and easy process.
- Go to the file menu
- Choose “set up an interview”
- Select “Payment ”
- Choose “YES” to accept the debit and credit cards
- The software is activated now
However, at times you might face an error that will say that QuickBooks Point of Sale is not activated. This is error code 176104 which says activation QB POS has failed.
Reasons Why QuickBooks POS Error 176104 Occurs
- Damaged “Entitlement Client Data files”.
- POS software server copy is not registered.
- The client copy of the POS system has been started before the “server copy of POS” as it is run for the first time.
- A damaged or improper POS installation.
- Firewall blocking or restricting one or more POS files.
- The system may experience “network connectivity issues.”
GET INSTANT RESOLUTION
Get our expert Quickbooks ProAdvisor on call to resolve your query in no-time.
How to Resolve Point of Sale Error 176104?
Solution 1- Perform a Latest release POS update
- Press “exit” on the update screen.
- Select Help>> click ‘check for software ”
- Give time to POS to update.
Solution 2- Register your Point of Sale
- Click “Help” & select “Registration.” Here register “Point of Sale.”
- Start the “Server copy” of POS & restart the “Client copy of POS.”
Solution 3- Check and Ensure that POS services are functioning properly.
- Click “Windows + R,” to have a search window.
- Enter “services.msc”
- Look for “vxx” and double click to open the service.
- If you see that the service has stopped, then click “start” to convert the status to ‘started.”
- If the service is already running, then press “stop” and start the service again.
- Press OK & shut the window
- Open POS software again Now open POS again.
Solution 4- Repair the “Entitlement client data files.”
- Go to-Windows 8,7 & Vista: C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\vx.x
Windows XP- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Intuit\Entitlement Client\vx.x
- Click the CTRL + A keys to choose all the files in the folder and press “Delete.”
- Now open the POS again & complete the registration
Solution 5- “Configure Windows Firewall” on client &server workstations
- Utilize POS firewall configuration files, ports, paths, etc.
- Once the Firewall is configured then the “Windows firewall” will open POS again.
Solution 6- “ Re-install of Point of Sale”
- Do all the Re-install steps to perform a clean re-install.
Thanks for reading this article. We hope the issue is resolved at your end and you are comfortable working on your POS now. In case of any problem talk to an expert QuickBooks POS Support Number.
You ever feel the need of taking advice from your fellow business owners that happened to be our existing subscribers, you can visit our thriving QuickBooks Community.