Quicken Error CC-506 occurs when you are trying to access the Quicken account but unable to open it due to some changes in Financial Institution. This happens when the financial institution account is closed or the account number is changed on the financial institution website. Quicken error cc-506 also arise if an older account is activated in the file but not available at the financial institution.
Before troubleshooting the error, it is essential to learn the symptoms and causes at first place. So let’s get started.
Symptoms of Quicken Error CC-506
There are several symptoms of Error cc-506, few of them are mentioned below:
- The error occurs when the active program gets crashed.
- Your system crashes with Error cc-506 while running the same application.
- “Quicken Error Code cc-506 is displayed on the screen.
- Your PC runs sluggishly and responds slowly to keyboard or mouse input.
- Your system freezes periodically with Error cc-506.
Causes of Quicken Error CC-506
Quicken Error CC-506 usually happens due to the reasons listed below:
- Quicken software download is corrupted.
- The corrupted windows registry.
- Malware or virus attack damaged the files.
- Quicken files are damaged or infected.
Also Read: How to Resolve Quicken Error CC-501?
Solutions to Resolve Quicken Error CC-506
Solution 1– Update Quicken to the latest release
- First of all, you have to click on the Start menu.
- Now click on Tools >> One step update.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to update Quicken to the latest release.
- You have to try and update your accounts again.
- If you still face Quicken error cc-506 then follow the steps given below.
Solution 2– Refresh your account details
The error is typically caused by maintenance on your bank’s website. You can try updating the next business day or after a few hours. If the issue still persists occurs, follow below steps to resolve the issue:
- Firstly, you need to open the transaction register affixed to the account having the error message.
- Now click on the Action icon situated at the upper right and choose Update Now.
- Follow the prompts displayed on the screen to complete the update procedure.
- Repeat the steps for every account having Quicken cc-506.
Solution 3– Deactivate all accounts for this financial institution
- The first step is to click on Tools >> Account List.
- Now tick the Show Hidden Accounts checkbox present at the bottom.
- Next, click on Edit to edit every account.
- Deactivate the accounts by going to the Online Services tab.
- Click on General option and then Account/Routing Number fields to Remove any information displayed.
IMPORTANT: You need to deactivate the account first before editing these fields.
- Close the Account list once you are done.
- Now, re-open Quicken.
- Next, you have to click on Add account option present at the bottom of the account bar.
- Follow the further procedures until you see a screen wherein Quicken displays the account discovered at the financial institution.
- Link each account to the correct account setup in Quicken.
Solution 4– Deactivate the account to block future updates
- First of all, click on the Start menu.
- Click on Account List from the Tools menu.
- Click on the Edit button to deactivate the account.
- Now click on Online Services option from the details dialog box.
- Select Remove from One step update.
- This will stop downloading the transactions for this account.
Although, the above steps will help you fix Quicken Error CC-506 on your own. If you still face any technical glitch or difficulty while performing any step, speak to our experts. Call us at Quicken Customer Support Number for instant help.