QuickBooks crashing is a worrisome problem for small businesses and accounting professionals. Many QuickBooks users face this issue when they email the invoices. While emailing an invoice to a customer or a client, they hit ok to email it and get the QuickBooks Com Error. After hitting ok again, the crash error again flashes on the screen.
About QuickBooks Com Error
Crash Com Error in QuickBooks Desktop is the commonly occurring error. The error happens when you open or attempt to email Invoices or with other transactions. Certainly, it doesn’t feel good to lose the unsaved information in other QuickBooks open windows that are worked on simultaneously. Nothing is possible except to click on the OK option on the hovering Crash Com Error message and momentarily say goodbye to QuickBooks. Losing the unsaved information is a heavy-going feeling if you are not sure about what causes QuickBooks com Crash Error? Without knowing, how to fix QuickBooks com Crash Error doesn’t make you comfortable to incur QuickBooks Com Error amidst work. This article defines steps to fix Com Error. The troubleshooting steps are explained to ensure easy implementation.
Synonymously, this error also appears with error messages such as QuickBooks com error crash, QuickBooks crash com error or com error QuickBooks. The shuffled terms refer and define the same QB Crash Error while sending emails from QuickBooks. The basic cause of QuickBooks Crash Error is when sync fails with Windows Operating System or the other components. You will get to know the other reasons for QuickBooks crashes as well in the climax sections of this article. QuickBooks crashing is a very common occurrence and can happen due to a variety of reasons. If your QuickBooks is crashing, again and again, it can lead to company file data damage. Therefore, an expert and immediate fix of QB Crash Error is important to prevent company file damages. Be watchful, the Repeated QuickBooks Crash: Com Error can make your company file unrepairable.
Common Causes of Crash Com Error in QuickBooks Desktop
- Missing or Damaged Windows Components and MS-Office components.
- QuickBooks fails to communicate with Email Service or Client
- Missing or Damaged QuickBooks Components.
- A trojan or a virus hampering the sync.
- Malicious software’s deleted the necessary QuickBooks components or files.
- Firewall blocking the QuickBooks communication process
Are the major causes of QuickBooks Crash Com Error and the resolution steps are also mentioned in the article.
Before deploying the QuickBooks Com Error troubleshooting steps you must know when QB crash com error occurs. The resolution steps are the same for Crash com error occurrence, no matter what you were doing when QB crash com error occurred.
Stages Where Normally QuickBooks Crash Com Error Occurs
Before deploying the QB crash com error troubleshooting steps, you must know when this error occurs.
The resolution steps are the same for this error, no matter what you were doing when the error occurred.
- QuickBooks com error while emailing invoices.
- While opening invoices QB crash com error occurs.
- QB com crash errors occur while doing an attachment.
- While saving QB crash com error occurs.
- Crash: com error while opening the check register.
- Crash: com error while opening a report in QB.
How to Fix Crash Com Error in QuickBooks Desktop?
QuickBooks com error can be resolved in multiple ways, you may have to follow one or more of the solutions given below. Create a backup of your QuickBooks data before you proceed with the following solutions –
Method 1: Doing System Systems Tweaks
- Update Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office, and Outlook.
- Set Outlook as your default mail App.
- Disable your virus protection momentarily.
- Add QuickBooks Firewall Exceptions.
- Restart your computer and check if QB crash com error is resolved, if not try Method 2.
Method 2: QuickBooks Desktop and Company File Fine-tuning
- Open and Update your QuickBooks to the latest version.
- Try QuickBooks Manual Updates if you see QuickBooks Update Errors.
- Open and Verify the QuickBooks Company file to check the data integrity of the company file.
- Open the item on which QB crash com error occurred and try to email it.
- Try to open some other report or a form and try to email it to yourself to check if the same error occurs.
Also Read: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a?
Method 3: Rounding QuickBooks Form Preferences
- Open QuickBooks and Company File.
- Click on Edit >>> Preferences >>> Send Forms >>> My Preferences.
- You can see Outlook as an option and then select the ‘Email‘ option and resend it.
- Toggle the Outlook mail Settings: Open Control Panel > Mail and select Microsoft Outlook.
- Select Show Profile from the Mail Setup window. If the Outlook not set as default mail application else choose Prompt for a profile to be used, then Select
- Now toggle the selection Always use this profile and then Apply and OK and it should work now. Else try the next Step.
Method 4: Windows and Microsoft Office Reparation
- Repair your Microsoft Office and this will replace the unresponsive components.
- Update Your QuickBooks and restart the Computer.
- Update your Windows again.
- Remove unidentified and malicious software’s installed on the computer
GET INSTANT RESOLUTION
Get our expert Quickbooks ProAdvisor on call to resolve your query in no-time.
Method 5: Configure QuickBooks Firewall and Security Exceptions
- Add QuickBooks Firewall Exceptions to QuickBooks Communication funnel right.
- Configure QuickBooks process and port Exceptions in your system security software (As per User manual)
- Restart the computer and reaffirm that the settings stay intact.
- Try to open some other report or a form and try to email it to yourself to check if Crash Com Error persists, else move on to the final method.
Method 6: Bridging your Email Service / Client with QuickBooks Desktop
- Get in touch with your email Service/client service provider to obtain the email configurations.
- Allot the third-party app access in your email service/client control panel.
- If you have a non-legacy email client, get in touch with the respective developers to obtain port information and other specifics regarding QuickBooks.
- Add or configure the settings as recommended by the service provider and that’s all.
- Try to open some other report or a form and try to email it to yourself to check if Crash Com Error
You shouldn’t have QuickBooks Com Error anymore after applying one of the aforementioned solutions. If the problem persists, it is recommended to get connected with our team. We can offer a blended diagnosis of the crash com error. Intuit doesn’t support Microsoft applications, you can try performing these tasks on your own or go as per the recommendation. In case, none of the solutions work and you are still figuring out to resolve the Com Error, contact us to get appropriate solutions.
A: QuickBooks Crash COM error takes place when you are trying to use the QuickBooks email settings or go in transactions (sending forms, trying to print reports, PO, SO, Vendor Invoice) after updating Windows.
A: Are you looking for the steps of updating Microsoft Outlook, check out the following list.
1. The first step is to choose a File in Microsoft Outlook.
2. Now, choose Office Account, then click on the Update Options.
3. Click Update Now.
A: The following steps can be performed for creating a new Email Profile on Outlook.
1. Firstly, close Microsoft Outlook.
2. Now, launch Control Panel and choose User Account.
3. After that, click on Mail.
4. Choose Show Profiles under the Mail Setup window.
5. Next, click on Add.
6. Go to the Profile Name field and enter the name. Now, press OK.
7. You have to follow the instructions to add an account on email.
8. Finally, click on Apply and OK.
Note: These steps will not remove the existing Outlook Profile.
A: If you are looking for the steps to delete bank feeds, follow the steps written below.
1. Make sure to create the Windows user as an Admin.
2. Now, log in to Windows as a new User.
3. Finally, launch QuickBooks again.
A: Here’s how to enable or disable optional features on Windows 10.
1. The initial step is to launch Control Panel.
2. Select Programs and choose the Turn Windows features on or off option.
3. After that, mark or unmark the feature you want on Windows Features.
4. Finally, select on or off the feature.
A: Here, we have listed the solutions that you can perform to fix the QuickBooks email error.
1. Ensure that you are using QuickBooks as an Admin.
2. Make sure that you have correctly set QuickBooks Email Preference.
A: To Permit QuickBooks to Use Gmail, you can follow the steps given below.
1. First of all, launch the QuickBooks Desktop and select Email from any transaction or Open report.
2. Now, choose the Send option.
3. You will be asked to log in to the account using Admin Credentials.
4. Finally, enter your credentials and select Continue.
A: Because of the lost or Damaged Windows components and MS office components, you may come across the crash com error. An improper installation of QuickBooks may also cause the same error.
A: You can apply the following steps to reinstall Windows components.
1. Initially, click on the Start option and select Control Panel.
2. Now, choose Add or Remove Programs, then select Add or Remove Windows Components.
3. After that, open the Windows Component Wizard and choose Accessories and Utilities.
4. Select Details and then choose the Games check box.
5. At last, choose OK.
A: Below, you can find out Windows components by starting Windows 10 Component Services. Further, we have discussed the complete steps.
1. Firstly, select the Win+ R keys to open the Run box.
2. Now, type dcomcnfg.exe or dcomcnfg in the box.
3. Select OK or Enter to launch the Component Services.