The printing feature in QuickBooks allows you to print checks by integrating it with the software. This feature helps you to print checks from the software. Before understanding the steps of how to reprint checks in QuickBooks, you can see the multiple reasons for which reprinting checks is necessary.
Let’s look at what leads to the need to reprint checks in the accounting software.
Reasons to Reprint the check
These are the reasons that are responsible to reprint the checks in QuickBooks accounting software:
- Maybe your previous check is jammed or damaged in the printer.
- Probably, you want to reprint paystubs because of personal usage.
- It might be possible that the check got misplaced.
Checks can be reprinted by tracking them within the software. You need to search the checks and then follow the steps to reprint them.
Find the Checks
Follow these steps to find the checks in the software:
- Firstly, you need to search for the print check option.
- Now, you have to click on the print preview In case you want more checks to be reprinted, you need to click on add more checks.
- Next, click on the printer tab.
- Finally, each check you have selected will be printed.
Reprint a Paycheck
Once the check is printed, you can reprint the paycheck by tracking it in the directory path. Here are the two options to reprint a paycheck. It will take a couple of minutes to reprint a paycheck with these steps:
- First, you need to click on lists.
- Thereafter, you have to click on the chart of accounts.
- Now, you need to double-click on the checking account.
- Next, double click on the check that you want to print.
- You need to click on the print icon.
- Finally, click on save and then close.
- In the beginning, you need to click on edit/void paychecks.
- Now, you need to add the paycheck date in the show paychecks from and through boxes.
- Next, you have to double-click on the employee’s name to view the paycheck.
- You have to click on the print icon and assign the check number.
- Finally, click on ok.
Reprint Multiple Paychecks
Reprinting multiple paychecks in QB doesn’t affect the employee’s wage records. If you have a collection of checks to be reprinted, then follow these simple steps:
- Firstly, click on the transactions tab.
- Next, you need to click on paychecks.
- You have to double-click on the paycheck that you want to reprint.
- Now, click on print later option.
- Click on save & close.
- You have to repeat the same steps for each check that is not marked to print.
- You need to click on print forms and then on paychecks.
- Afterward checkmark the paychecks that you want to print.
- Lastly, click on ok.
Steps to Track the Original Check Number
The step by step procedure will help you to track the original check number:
- In the beginning, you need to click on write checks.
- Add the original check number.
- You have to add a date.
- Next, add the employee’s name.
- You need to add 0.01 in the amount box.
- Now, click on payroll expenses.
- You have to click on save & close.
- Click on the use register.
- You need to find the check that you have just created. With this, click on it.
- Finally, click on the void check.
Reprint Sales Forms
These steps will help you to reprint sales forms in the software:
- First, you need to click on the magnifying glass icon.
- Now, you have to add a sales form number, a date, or an amount and click on enter.
- Next, you need to click on the sales form.
- Finally, click on print or preview.
Indeed, you have got the answer of how to reprint payroll checks in QuickBooks with the help of the aforementioned steps.
Hopefully, with the help of the blog you have got an idea of how to reprint checks in QuickBooks. Also, the blog has covered the reasons to reprint the checks, steps to reprint paychecks, reprint multiple paychecks, and reprint sales forms. Each step of reprinting checks is easy to understand.
If you still have some queries or doubts related to how to reprint checks in QuickBooks, then dial the Toll-Free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1-888-899-5690.